Technical alternator change

Currently reading:
Technical alternator change

madmerlin

Hi, can anyone help, i have a Marea and i have removed the alternator but can not get it out of the engine bay:bang: please can anyone help.

Engine and other info please?
For example some have different alternator in different place depending on of it has AC or not.

Atleast with 2.0 (and I think 1.8 too) that has AC I needed to unbolt one of the enginemounts and lower the engine for it to fit out.

Just use big enough hammer.

Thanks for the confirmation thought that was the case, my problem is we have 8" of snow and i have to work out side.:(

Hi, thanks for that, i have a second hand one which i have purchased could i take them off that one and refit and how do i do that,

thanks Steve.(y)

Well I have finally replaced my alternator on my Marea. What a job, i had to remove whee / drop engine mounts/ jack engine down from the body/ disconnect alternator/ remove and then everything in revers . Dont think i will ever do it again next time it goes so dose the car. ps thanks for the help Guys.:slayer:

Well I have finally replaced my alternator on my Marea. What a job, i had to remove whee / drop engine mounts/ jack engine down from the body/ disconnect alternator/ remove and then everything in revers . Dont think i will ever do it again next time it goes so dose the car. ps thanks for the help Guys.:slayer:

glad you got it fixed, (y)
yes - you can swap out the brush pack / regulator with the alternator still "trapped" ..that's what I did on the tipo,:D
of course if there is a mechanical fault with the alternator,
it will have to come out anyway, :(
Charlie

Back