Styling Alloys fit?

Currently reading:
Styling Alloys fit?

NewToFiat

My old car was a 98 corsa sxi, it seems like most punto dont seem to have a model really?! The punto that im in the process of getting is a MIA. Will my 15 inch TSW heat alloys fit this???

thanx

By the way, puntos arent as bad these days as they sound are they? Its a 51 plate, but it does have high-ish mileage. I know a guy who had quite a few problems on his older punto.

they may fit with wobbly bolts.

what is the offset of them? on the wheels it should say (on the inside) [ET 40] or similar (et and a number)

see what that is and post back.

puntos are as reliable as any other car, they have there common faults but thats the same with all cars, just treat it well, dont go abusing it and keep it well serviced and it should be fine, any problems you get you should be able to post on here and diagnoise it within a day or so and sort it cheap.

Last edited:
cheers why do you say wobbly bolts?! il just check now but i do remember it being a 'strange' offset. I THINK there something like 44 or 48. Il just check...

whattt there pretty common alloys but ive never seen them on puntos, not seen a few of the common alloys on puntos thinking about it. So there ET40. that means there gunna stick out compared to when they were on my corsa??

:(

yup, vauxhall offset is well different, they will fit on renos and pugs mint, but not Fiats, your gonna have issues with the PCD too as vauxhall is 4x100mm fiat is 4x 91mm, like previosuley said you will need spacers and wobbly bolts tbh its better sellin em and gettin some different wheels.

So i may need ''5mm spacers. Will also need extended wobbly bolts and spigot rings.'' anymore info about them on here??

There not specifically FOR vauxhalls, TSW alloys are nearly the cheapest you can get and they look good, got an even better deal off ebay. The seller said they fit most cars and i remember asking if they fit corsas and he said yeah. Ill have a look now if the website mentions puntos

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]First thing i found on ebay. mean anything?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Tyre Information[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Tyre Type: [/FONT]All-Weather

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Rim Width: [/FONT]6J

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Tyre Width: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Rim Diameter: [/FONT]15 inches

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Aspect Ratio: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Offset: [/FONT]ET15 ET25 ET35

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Load Index: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Number of Studs: [/FONT]4

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Speed Rating: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Stud Diameter: [/FONT]108

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Tyre Manufacturer: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Rim Manufacturer: [/FONT]TSW

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Rim Structure: [/FONT]One Piece

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Manufacturer Part Number: [/FONT]HEAT

if the alloys fitted your corsa then they will fit the punto with wobble bolts
offset if its et40mm then you may be ok without spacers, my 7j 17"s have this offset and only rub on full lock (there an inch wider than yours so you should be ok) although some members have had problems with rubbing on the rear strut bolt

cheers, well whats with the post about the stud diameter of 108? tbh the specs are different all around the net, the thing i know for sure is the 40ET becauses i looked on the wheels. It was the older model 98 corsa if thats any different. What are these wobbly bolts and where do i get them?

what would happen if i tried fitting them without them?

and scuse the stupid question but what are spacers?!

Mine are only 15" so thats 2" smaller!

If they fitted your Corsa then the wheels will be 4x100 PCD so will fit your Punto which is 4x98 PCD with wobbly bolts (aka variable PCD bolts). You can get wobbly bolts off eBay.

Do not try and fit them without wobbly bolts, it is unsafe.

You will also need spigot rings to centralise the wheel on the hub, do not attempt to fit the wheels without the correct spigot rings.

Spacers space the wheels out in the arches, if the offset is too high then they will sit too closely to the car and will rub on suspension components etc so you use spacers to space the wheels out.

You will probably be ok without spacers, try fitting one of the wheels and see if it catches on anything, but make sure you have the right spigot rings and wobbly bolts first. :)

If you do end up needing to get spacers then you will need to make sure that your wobbly bolts are long enough, 10mm of the bolts thread needs to catch in the hub, which equals 8 full turns when doing the bolts up. If the bolts aren't long enough then you will need to get extended ones.

Ok so i defo need spigot rings?? are these again from ebay? and what kind of wobbly bolts do i need then? i was having a look on ebay last night

Back