Styling Alloy Centre Caps

Currently reading:
Styling Alloy Centre Caps

Hi all

Just got a set of 500 alloys. but the didnt come with the centre caps.

They are been fitted to a Mk2 punto not a 500. so preferably looking for the Abarth variant. or is there a blank type (no logo)

Does anyone know where i can get a set.

Thank you.

Russ.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware theres only 3 variants: 500 logo with silver edge, 500 logo with red edge and the abarth logo with red edge, so no blank version.

Shop4Parts sell them individually at £34?! I don't ever remember them being that expensive, try a local dealer, see how much they're going for.

I got 16" alloys.

Looking for a cap to fit them. preferably the abarth ones. wouldnt really wont '500' caps on them while they are on a Punto.
Cheers

p.s. these are the ones.

Abarth centre caps would be your best bet. Also, why not just get some smaller centre caps to go in the centre bore?

how much did the wheels cost you Russ? I've seen a couple of set of them on Ebay recently and did consider buying and trying to sell on for a profit :p

Slightly off topic but why the fudge do people buy cars with nice wheels and then try and wear kerbs down with them? The wheels you've got aren't too bad but look at these!!! -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-500-16-DIAMOND-CUT-ALLOY-WHEELS-/160523427990?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item255ff12096

I've got 16" multispokes on my 500 and in 21000 miles I've not kerbed them once, there is a slight gouge from me being clumsy after I took one off the car and a couple of tiny stone chips but otherwise they're flawless, why the hell do people just **** up nice wheels?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Abarth centre caps would be your best bet. Also, why not just get some smaller centre caps to go in the centre bore?

how much did the wheels cost you Russ? I've seen a couple of set of them on Ebay recently and did consider buying and trying to sell on for a profit :p

Slightly off topic but why the fudge do people buy cars with nice wheels and then try and wear kerbs down with them? The wheels you've got aren't too bad but look at these!!! -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-500-16-DIAMOND-CUT-ALLOY-WHEELS-/160523427990?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item255ff12096

I've got 16" multispokes on my 500 and in 21000 miles I've not kerbed them once, there is a slight gouge from me being clumsy after I took one off the car and a couple of tiny stone chips but otherwise they're flawless, why the hell do people just **** up nice wheels?

Do small centre caps fiat the centre bore?? EG, will my old fiat ones from my sporting alloys fit the centre bore??

Was looking for the Abarth ones. just need to find them at a reasonable price.

They cost me £100!!! just had to drive from Leeds - London to pick them up, but stayed at a friends and had a day out in london, so was worth the trip. They were on Ebay.

I saw those ones, no way i would get them, had to be in decent condition.

Just need to get some rubber. Going to get Pirrelis, just need £70 per rim for them.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Slightly off topic but why the fudge do people buy cars with nice wheels and then try and wear kerbs down with them?

...why the hell do people just **** up nice wheels?

Probably for the same reason they scrape the paint off the corners of their bumpers, wear grooves in their windscreens with their worn-out wipers & rip the door seals when they leap straight into their iced up car.

And often the poor suffering vehicle is a nearly-new high-end job which I suspect is often company owned.

Some folks don't take much care of their possessions, and others take even less care of other peoples.

But it makes me smile when I see a well-loved, polished 10yr old runabout with immaculate steelies & trims:)

The main reason is ownership. If you pay good money for something you look after it.

Hire/Borrow or company owned you don't have the financial burden of it.

Ive accendently kerbed the sporting ones i had on the punto when it slid in the snow on an off camber corner. But if i hadn't have bought these i would have had them reconditioned. (might still)

Do small centre caps fiat the centre bore?? EG, will my old fiat ones from my sporting alloys fit the centre bore??

Just need to get some rubber. Going to get Pirrelis, just need £70 per rim for them.

I should think the centre bore would be the same as other Fiat's. If not for the fact that you've got a set of wheels there yourself, I'd offer to measure the centre bore of the wheels I have sitting in the back yard right now :)

Also, if you wait till early spring, then the price of rubber will come down quite a bit :)

I have a set of 16" O spokes as per the set in this thread. The reason mine have a gouge out of them is that I had the choice of a taxi occupying the same space as my drivers seat at 40mph or being pushed off the road and gouging wheels. I chose to gouge wheels.

I have a set of 16" O spokes as per the set in this thread. The reason mine have a gouge out of them is that I had the choice of a taxi occupying the same space as my drivers seat at 40mph or being pushed off the road and gouging wheels. I chose to gouge wheels.

Now i dont have a problem with that. i would do the same in the situation.

i think we are on about people who just dont care for there car such as when parking grind their alloy along the kerb and just keep going dispite the noise and the damage.

Also, the 16" O spokes are not an easy wheel to avoid kerbing. Next time you see a set, look at the profile. They are, by their design, kerb finders. :)

I would do the same. I had to go up a kerb on my steelies recently to avoid a moronic M-class driving woman.

I understand that this is going to happen, but the amount of ****ed alloys says to me that some people just don't care.

I just park a distance from kerbs tbh.

Probably for the same reason they scrape the paint off the corners of their bumpers, wear grooves in their windscreens with their worn-out wipers & rip the door seals when they leap straight into their iced up car.

And often the poor suffering vehicle is a nearly-new high-end job which I suspect is often company owned.

Some folks don't take much care of their possessions, and others take even less care of other peoples.

But it makes me smile when I see a well-loved, polished 10yr old runabout with immaculate steelies & trims:)

So true :) If you like old well loved cars you should take a look at the www.autoshyte.com forums :D Replace the y with an i of course :)

Alloys have been fitted now. so thought you guys would like to see a photo of the finished product.

IMAG0084.jpg

Back