Alfa brera

Currently reading:
Alfa brera

Aye, i've seen pic's but not seen the real thing.
My dad has been invited to the launch of it on Saturday at the Alfa showroom near us. I'm not happy because i want to go but i'm at work :cry:

Alan.D said:
I was at the fiat dealers today in carlisle and part of the same dealership has an Alfa dealership, they had the Brera parked and what a stunningly georgeous car it is WOW and yes I want one :cool:

Funny you should say that there was a Brera at Fish Brothers Alfa in Swindon saturday just gone, looked like a proper sports car!

Anyone been in one? I was at the launch on Sat with Bunny's dad and Valeen. Me and Valeen shoe-horned into the rear seats and Bunny's dad driving. OMG 2.4 multijet... how fast?! I think he was about to sign on the dotted line but they gave him a pathetic offer for his 52reg 156 2.4 JTD sportswagon.. No wonder they have high depreciation when the Alfa dealers themselves arn't prepared to pay a decent trade-in cost.

Hellcat said:
Anyone been in one? I was at the launch on Sat with Bunny's dad and Valeen. Me and Valeen shoe-horned into the rear seats and Bunny's dad driving. OMG 2.4 multijet... how fast?! I think he was about to sign on the dotted line but they gave him a pathetic offer for his 52reg 156 2.4 JTD sportswagon.. No wonder they have high depreciation when the Alfa dealers themselves arn't prepared to pay a decent trade-in cost.
Depends entirely on which Alfa you are trading in against. The Brera being new will sell itself for a little while so trade ins will reflect that, six months on and it may change depending on the popularity of it.
Personally I don't like the Brera, I think the back end is a bit wrong, the GT is a far more stylish car IMO.

Hellcat said:
I meant in general, not just on the Brera.

I'd like them to show me the 2.4 JTD Sportswagon they can pick up for around £2k.
WTF 2k :eek:

I got brilliant prices for my Stilo from Alfa garages against the GT, they were more than 2k above everyone elses valuations.

That sounds like a very greedy salesman to me. Depending on mileage would expect it to get about £4.5K+

The Brera was reviewed in Autocar against an Golf R32 and the Mazda RX8 and for once the Alfa came 1st. One comment made was that because of the GT the Brera was more expensive than it should be, i.e. they had to price it above the GT.

I didn't realise there only offered my dad 2k for his car. No wonder there is no Brera sat on his drive way.

thepottleflump said:
The Brera was reviewed in Autocar against an Golf R32 and the Mazda RX8 and for once the Alfa came 1st.

That's because Steve Sutcliffe didn't get anywhere near it; Steve is a bona-fide Alfa hater but seems to get most of the Alfa tests, hence they get trounced. If Sutters had been doing the test they could have put the Brera against a Nissan Micra and it still wouldn't have won.

I think the Brera looks great, but I am 6'4" and having sat in the 159 (same driving position as the Brera) where I needed the seat right back I think there would be no rear legroom in the Brera looking at the piccie in Autocar, where the front seat back touches the base of the rear seat :eek:

As I need 4 proper seats, make mine an Alfa GT then... :D

JTD Monkey said:
That's because Steve Sutcliffe didn't get anywhere near it; Steve is a bona-fide Alfa hater but seems to get most of the Alfa tests, hence they get trounced. If Sutters had been doing the test they could have put the Brera against a Nissan Micra and it still wouldn't have won.

I think the Brera looks great, but I am 6'4" and having sat in the 159 (same driving position as the Brera) where I needed the seat right back I think there would be no rear legroom in the Brera looking at the piccie in Autocar, where the front seat back touches the base of the rear seat :eek:

As I need 4 proper seats, make mine an Alfa GT then... :D
Leg room in the GT rear isn't all that much better TBH. A lot more cramped than a Stilo and the roofline is very low in the rear too :shakehead

Back