Enzo back 012.jpg

Cinquecento Alex22's Turbo Cinq (lotsa pics).

Introduction

At last he's back on the road and at last i've taken some piccies of him!

Basically first time round i manged to melt 3 of the pistons, so required was a re-bore and some fresh pistons (he says like money grows on trees :cry: )
While the car was apart i also replaced my EBC 'fast road' clutch with a stilo 1.4 16v one and, have ordered myself a new fuel pump and will be fitting a fuel pressure regulator.
We also have a nice new turbo from turbosmart who charged me £300 for what appears to be a reconditioned unit, rather than my own one repaired :yum:

When we removed the spark plugs we found one had actually broken which you will see in the pics.
i didn't take pics of all the pistons but the 2 i did focus on really say it all :(

the car is filthy in the pics so i'll put some decent ones up as soon as poss, i.e. after a wash :p i'll also snap some of the engine :)

anyways its nice to be turbo'd again :D (y)

i also have a nice sexy uno for sale if anyone's interested :chin: :D
Re: Alex22's Turbo Cinq (lotsa pics)

AR HAR! i have found my topic! and i actually need help.

The uno has gone and enzo is my last hope...

Took it for mot on sunday and it sailed through, except for... emissions which it failed miserably on!
Do have the figures for that but not on me at the moment. I'm going to try a new cold start sensor. But if anyone can help i need a pic of how the fuel pressure regulator should be plumbed in because i have a feeling that is wrong.
:worship:

Duh! course he has! its called felix :) :D

no in all seriousness, yes it has the cat fitted. didnt think bore size would affect emissions. a cat is a cat surely?? and even if i'd had the decat fitted i dnt think the emissions would have been over by as much as they were.
its a fiat std cat too.

Was just thinking it might be a bit fubar'd inside affecting the emissions somehow, i couldn't really tell you how they work so not sure, just a thought.
I have a gas analyser so i can fiddle with stuff until i have a nice fumes for an MOT.

EDIT: My old cinq turbo had high emissions which i never got the bottom of.. i had gone through most things but never looked at the CAT which had don nigh on 100k miles.

Last edited:

I spose it could be the cat as the only proof i had it works is that Ghostwkds old cinq passed with it fitted but i used to run the exhaust system de-cat and engine popped before the MOT was re-due.
that means i'll have to find a cat from somewhere and then have it welded so it'll fit in this wider bore system.... headache.

this could be an expensive mot, just paid £60 for a friggen sensor (n)

right so CO level i think it was, read 9.99 on the test which is as high as their machine could read so it was prolly worse than that. But after replacing some split vacume hose it was down at 0.7 this is still no use tho as its supposed to be 0.5 or so.
would a blocked cat read as low as 0.7?
this car is doing my head in. its only on a std ecu so there can only be so many reasons why its dumping so much fuel through.
The MF2 is not injecting unless the car is on boost which it doesn't do at idle or fast idle when the car is tested.
kind of at a bit of a loss.
i'm tempted to change the cat as a precaution but that means taking a spare one somewhere to be welded and then have it fitted to my system whihc is no where near std.

all in all.... Fail lol(n)

Back