Enzo back 012.jpg

Cinquecento Alex22's Turbo Cinq (lotsa pics).

Introduction

At last he's back on the road and at last i've taken some piccies of him!

Basically first time round i manged to melt 3 of the pistons, so required was a re-bore and some fresh pistons (he says like money grows on trees :cry: )
While the car was apart i also replaced my EBC 'fast road' clutch with a stilo 1.4 16v one and, have ordered myself a new fuel pump and will be fitting a fuel pressure regulator.
We also have a nice new turbo from turbosmart who charged me £300 for what appears to be a reconditioned unit, rather than my own one repaired :yum:

When we removed the spark plugs we found one had actually broken which you will see in the pics.
i didn't take pics of all the pistons but the 2 i did focus on really say it all :(

the car is filthy in the pics so i'll put some decent ones up as soon as poss, i.e. after a wash :p i'll also snap some of the engine :)

anyways its nice to be turbo'd again :D (y)

i also have a nice sexy uno for sale if anyone's interested :chin: :D
Re: Alex22's Turbo Cinq (lotsa pics)

i'm not totally sure it will be the CAT, it will be cheaper to just get a piece of pipe stuck in or cut it open and remove the insides and weld it back up again, should pass emissions without one easy enough. If it was the CAT though, i'd expect it to be rattling and/or supping power out of the engine.

Take a deep breath, relax. What have you changed/tested so far? is there something simple you/we have missed? you got a air/fuel mix guage?

Last edited:

there is no smoke or oil leaks as its a brand new engine and turbo.
yea i'll dig out the sheet and post it up l8rs.

have changed cold start sensor on inlet, map sensor, vacume hose and this evening am going to look at lambda.

heres the test results.
one with with 'FAIL' written all over it is the retest results lol (n)

Attachments

• test1.JPG
    test1.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 58
  • test2.JPG
    test2.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 57

Alex, do you know how the fuelling was setup?? I'm beginning to think the fuelling is just off one way or the other. Do yu know what pressure is across the standard injector? Do you have a guage you can put in the line to check.. Defo worth trying the lambda though but as the engine has just been built i'm just thinking how has it been setup and have you checked it at all since then. You can do it if you get a air/fuel guage and a friend to help.

all run off a standard ecu mate.
We just home tested it now as i was writing this and the figure came down to 0.1! and stayed there so fingers crossed it might pass!!
will keep y'all posted :slayer:

well good luck matey!

But..

you must have an mf2 or something controlling the 2nd injector.. it really is worth making sure its setup properly. Also checking pressure across the standard injector as the standard regulator has quite wide band, 0.8-1.2 bar, so you want to check its running at least at the top end of this or it'll run lean. I turned mine up to 1.4bar.

the mf2 can be rougly setup without going on a rolling road. there should be a screw adjuster on it which raises/lowers amout fuel the 2nd injector is flowing. If you wire in a air/fuel mix guage, you can drive around and get someone else t twiddle the screw until your getting a nice mix at idle and across the rev range.

Mate how do you adjust the std injector then?
and plan for the MF2 is to take it up to 1320 who did Ghostwkds and emz's cars etc and have it done properly there.(y)
need te MOT first tho!

FAILED mot again!
although the home test we got CO down to 0.1 at idle and 0.2 at 3000 rpm. having changed some vacume hose and the lambda.
however at test today it sat at 0.2 at what sounded like 3000 rpm, then they raised it higher and it went thru the roof again!!
but i thought they only tested at idle and fast idle (3000 rpm)
dispute.gif

i wondering if i have some knackered vacume hosing somewhere.
can't be second injector for the turbo because that only comes in under load and it doesn't have load when idleing!!!!
WELL annoyed.

seriously just need someone who can just say 'yes its passed' now

Awesome mate, loving the wheels.

Sold along time ago..

badboycinq now owns this one and ghostwkd's yellow tub. Not heard anything about them since he bought them but it is my understanding that enzo is the daily hack and El is be rebuilt into something very special (not that she waan't already)

Alex has defected and bought a new mini.

Back