General Alarms and Central Locking

Currently reading:
General Alarms and Central Locking

Bootlegdj

i'm a bit confused about my stilo, it has the usual blue key with boot release button (which doesnt actually do anything) also are the hazard lights not supposed to flash and possibly hear a "chirp chirp" when you lock the car? For me... nothing... just plain old central locking... but i'm sure the car comes with "alarm" as standard... has mine just been silenced/deactivated?

Any Clues?

Might just get a Toad anyway

The alarm is an optional extra for all Stilos fitted at the factory. If you have one fitted you will find two buttons in the overhead console (where the interior lights are) which control the alarm sensors of you need to have your car towed or turn the alarm off for some reason while parked up.

The lights will flash twice and the car will "chirp" when the alarm is activated/deactivated.

The boot release button does work - just hold it down for three seconds and the boot will pop. Likewise, the lock button will shut any open windows if you hold it down for three seconds.(y)

frostrobo said:
The alarm is an optional extra for all Stilos fitted at the factory. If you have one fitted you will find two buttons in the overhead console (where the interior lights are) which control the alarm sensors of you need to have your car towed or turn the alarm off for some reason while parked up.

The lights will flash twice and the car will "chirp" when the alarm is activated/deactivated.

The boot release button does work - just hold it down for three seconds and the boot will pop. Likewise, the lock button will shut any open windows if you hold it down for three seconds.(y)

And if the boot release button doesnt work its either not programed or the solonoid is U.S as mine was :)

my windows close after holding down the button (which i was very suprised and pleased with!) But i cant see any buttons by the interior light... does this mean i don't have an alarm fitted?:confused:

The boot release button is the one you need to hold for a few seconds to unlock the boot! However you can tit about with the settings on the onboard computer buttons next to door, have a play and you'll find boot release! Can't really see its point, if the car is unlocked you can open the boot, if its not you can unlock the boot independantly, but then you end up uplocking the car to get in? a gimmick!

As for Alarm, yes its not factory standard, but CAT2 imobiliser is, the indicators can be made to flash when you lock the car, but it'll cost ya, so no point really.

Good tip, read the manual, but if you don't.... a double press of the lock button will deadlock the car, a single press will mearly lock the car!

If you really want the hazards to flash when you lock/unlock the car try and get FIAT to do them for you at your next service and if their nice they might do it cheap!

You also need the code (on a blue credit card i think).

My new Stilo doesn't have an alarm, but the hazards flash when I lock or unlock the car, have they started doing this as standard now?

Fiat UK dealers asked for the indicator flashing function asked for this function to be switched on at the factory a few years ago. Since then all stilos built since have had this activated. Its possible to activate this function on older stilo but it needs an access code and a reset using examiner.

Two other things:-
1) If you hold the unlock button for 3 seconds or more, then your windows should go down...
2) Is it possible to get the factory fit alarm fitted to a 2nd hand stilo? My Active Sport doesn't have one, but I'd really like it too. I know it's vien, but I'd much rather only have one key/fob to open the car than two or three! Does anyone know how much this could cost?

Pete.

I went to the fiat garage yesterday, and apparently, all stilos '03 and onwards can have the hazards flash when locking/unlocking the car, for the '02 models it is not possible to programme the flashers :(

Yours must have the alarm then Stu in order to get the noise too, like mine has, which means it'll have the indicators flashing by default.

Although thats still bull, mum's is a June 02 (made April 02) and it was reprogrammed, you can give your dealer the chassis number if you want al!!!

I spoke to a friend of mine who is an engineer for clifford, he said you can add any 'plip' upgrade alarm from toad, laserline, autowatch or even meta.
Apparently they 'learn' from the hazard flashes (well most do)
They are 2-1 upgrade and to be honest i would recommend the laserline (as it has a touch key override) just incase your remote battery dies.
Im getting one fitted fairly soon so will let you know how i get on
Ohh, they all have battery backup sirens (as a requirment from thatcham and also ultrasonics)
cheers
sam

rroope said:
Yours must have the alarm then Stu in order to get the noise too, like mine has, which means it'll have the indicators flashing by default.

Although thats still bull, mum's is a June 02 (made April 02) and it was reprogrammed, you can give your dealer the chassis number if you want al!!!

Ok, I guess i will print this page and take it to Fiat's and demand my flashers be programmed then!!:D

Back