Alarm Wired

Currently reading:
Alarm Wired

Werner

I have recently baught an alarm system for my fiat punto mk1. I want to fit it but ran into some problems. I plan on taking most of the wires from the fuse box just below the steering wheel. Loking at the fuse box, I have no idea what is what and was hoping someone could help me and maybe show me a diagram of what would go where and what wires in the fuse box ae for which parts?
Any help is much appreated.
Thanks
Werner

Firstly you will need to position all the components of the alarm, like the module, siren, skock sensor etc. you will need to figure out which wires are for what, hopfully you have the instructions off of it.,.,

you will need:
-12v constant
-12v accessory(only has current when the key is turned)
-Ground (this one is obvious)
-Central locking negitive /close
-Central locking negitive /open,

the best way to get the 12v constant is to look at the back of the fuse box and you should see a few thick wires going into the back of it)i think they are red and white), this will be the positive from the battery.
Attach the (presumably) red wire of the alarm to the thick wire at the fuse box and you will have the 12v constant.

To get the 12v accessory you will need a multimeter/continuity tester. attach one of the probes to the previous wire you joined the constant too, insert the other probe into wires at the rear of the ignition to see which has continuity(the tester should make a beeping noise) with the key in the on position, then remove the key to see if the noise from the tester stops, it should stop, if it doesnt then you have the wrong wire so repeat the process with a different wire.
when you find the right wire attach the corisponding wire from the alarm unit to it. you now have the 12v accessory done,.

Now attach the siren to the alarm module if applicable(some alarms have an all in one unit, if so skip to next step) by lead the positive wire from the siren through the bulk head of the car and connecting it to the corresponding wire on the alarm module. on the mk1 the best place to lead the wire through is above the accelerator pedal, you will see a rubber gromet there that goes into the engine compartment.
the negative wire of the siren should be connected to the boby of the car, you should find an easy spot for this, anywhere there is a bolt near the siren will do, the siren is now connected...,.,.,

Now you will have to connect the ground wire from the alarm module to the body of the car in the same way as the siren ground wire. attach this to a bolt going into the metal of the chassis.,. you should now have power in the alarm.,.,.

you wil now need to find the wires for the central locking, to do this you will have to remove the kick panel in the drivers footwell to the right of the rev pedal. get a piece of spare wire about 2 foot long and attach one end to the ground you did earlier on the alarm module. you will use this to find the wires for the central locking, also it might be a good idea to do this with the doors closed or even close the latches in the door jams with a screwdriver. if you trace the wires that come in from the drivers door into the kick panel area you should see where they join into a plastic block connector, use the piece of wire from earlier to prod into the wires, when you get to the right ones you will hear the central lockin motors moving, take note of which wires they are, there will be two, one for opening the doors and one for locking them. these need to be connected to there respective wires of the negitive door trigers from the alarm(if you get it the wrong way around the door will open when you arm the system and lock when you disarm it).,.,.,now thats done.,.

Now for the Door trigger:
as far as i can remember the pin switches on the punto dont go to ground like a lot of cars(i think) so you will have to use the interior light as the trigger, i wont make any difference to the system, i think the wire your looking for is white and you can find it in the fusebox area but just make sure its from the interior light, Now thats done, thats about it for the wiring, make sure all the wires are securely attached and taped over and tie up any loose wires with cable ties, now connect the accessories to the alarm by simply plugging them into the module(shock sensor, warning light etc.,) and make sure there is no dangleing wires,.,.,
and your done!!!!! let me know if ive missed anything or if ya need anymore help, you should also post the make and model of the alarm as it might help.,.,
good luck with it mate.,.,

Maybe this should be a STICKY: anyone?? people always ask similar questions..,.,

Thank you VERY VERY much for that. I will attempt to fit the alarm as soon as possible and let you know.
Thanks again. Hope I can get it all done now.

Back