Technical Alarm/Central locking issue.

Currently reading:
Technical Alarm/Central locking issue.

Ceriffwrdd

Having checked other threads i haven't found what i am looking for.. so..

I was driving along last night when all of a sudden all my indicators came on.. not flashing, just a solid light.

I checked the obvious.. relays etc.. then i noticed that the keyfob no longer locks or unlocks the car.

So i figured it was the alarm. Tried a reset (taking the neg off the battery and waiting) no change..

Although i have the key (i think) somewhere for the alarm on/off i didn't have it with me.. so for now i have unplugged the connection to the siren. This got the indicators to turn off, but obviously i still have no alarm or operation via the fobs.
The car still locks fine via the central locking using a key in the door.

I am guessing there is an earthing fault somewhere with the alarm system that's causing the issue with the indicators.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to start trying to track down the problem?

It's the single button Meta system.

Other than the normal check fuses advice:
The reciver/decoder is in the front cab light.
Check that the antenna base is not leaking water into it.

Even if you turn the alarm off, the keyfobs would work. Just no sound or indicators and you might need to press the button a bit longer.

Other than the normal check fuses advice:
The reciver/decoder is in the front cab light.
Check that the antenna base is not leaking water into it.

Even if you turn the alarm off, the keyfobs would work. Just no sound or indicators and you might need to press the button a bit longer.

There's nothing in the front cab light. :/ well..apart from lights. Any other locations? (i've always wondered where the receiver was.. )

The light is supposed to have small holes for the reprogramming button and for small led showing the programming state.
Mine also has the interior movement sensors for the alarm.

Sure the alarm is factory fitted?

The light is supposed to have small holes for the reprogramming button and for small led showing the programming state.
Mine also has the interior movement sensors for the alarm.

Sure the alarm is factory fitted?

I can't imagine anyone being bothered to put "Fiat" stickers all over a non factory alarm... it's the META system.. well one of them.. i can't remember now what model number it says.. so yes 100% sure that it's a factory alarm , and no, no LED, no button, The ultrasonics are housed in the top corners of the windscreen pillar.

Checked the 00 (OBDII) wiring diagrams and even they show the factory receiver in the light unit.

Alarm control unit on top of left front wheel.

I've turned mine off when I got it. Years after that the original keys lost the code and I did not have the programming slip.
Now I got a flip key set installed and it works good enough.

Checked the 00 (OBDII) wiring diagrams and even they show the factory receiver in the light unit.

Alarm control unit on top of left front wheel.

I've turned mine off when I got it. Years after that the original keys lost the code and I did not have the programming slip.
Now I got a flip key set installed and it works good enough.

Well, it's definitely a factory alarm system. I have a load of wiring diagrams here from META for the Marea Weekend and they don't all show the receiver in the light unit.. The control unit is behind the panel in the glovebox (as shown in the META wiring diagram). The Sounder is on the pass side of the engine bay. i found the receiver in the drivers side bottom corner of the windscreen which has an integral red LED.. All parts are clearly marked "Meta" and have original Fiat stickers and part numbers...

I wouldn't worry about your OBD being wrong.. according to my local Fiat main dealer the Marea Weekend doesn't exist....

I am still no closer to finding / fixing the fault though. Which is annoying.

Back