Technical Aircon Condenser Gaskets - Croma 1.9 16V 2007

Currently reading:
Technical Aircon Condenser Gaskets - Croma 1.9 16V 2007

Does anybody know the details of the gaskets needed to connect the pipework to the condenser?
I changed units and omitted to remove the old ones before chucking the condenser. Now it leaks and therefore I cant Gas the system.

Thanks

These seals are normally standard 'O' rings.

I've looked at the ePER parts slides and the only gaskets/seals listed are:

10877980 - SEAL GASKET - 1/2" - qty 2
10878180 - SEAL GASKET - 3/4" - qty 2
10877887 - SEAL GASKET - 3/8" - qty 2

These will cost you £3.50 to £4.00 each from Fiat.

You will have to identify which size is required yourself.

Hi,
Thanks. Fiat can't identify which ones I need and so were intending to order all of them with me paying! About £40, which is too much for a couple of O rings. I was hoping some kind soul may have had a similar problem and know the answer. Trouble is, I stupidly chucked the old unit before fitting the new. Doh :mad:

If it's your own vehicle and you are not letting r134 or other aircon gasses out into the atmosphere then there is no problem replacing a condenser and getting the system refilled at a garage.

If it's your own vehicle and you are not letting r134 or other aircon gasses out into the atmosphere then there is no problem replacing a condenser and getting the system refilled at a garage.
Agreed, there is no legal framework or requirement to have any qualification to work on pipes and change components. Its only the handling of the Gas that requires certification... even then its only a half day training course.

Many of these O rings are a standard size across most vehicles. Your local aircon garage is likely to have a pack of them. Identify the size, go ask, and if good, fit them and then go back for them to regas it.

Edit: Just realised how old the original post is. I guess it is sorted by now. But info useful for others with similar issues.

Many of these O rings are a standard size across most vehicles. Your local aircon garage is likely to have a pack of them. Identify the size, go ask, and if good, fit them and then go back for them to regas it.

Edit: Just realised how old the original post is. I guess it is sorted by now. But info useful for others with similar issues.
The 'O rings' originally talked about in this post are not standard O rings (I will add a picture of the parts). On the subject of O rings, it's not that easy to just go and ask your local aircon garage for some, for a start I don't know many garages that will do this and secondly aircon O rings are a special type of material and there are so many different sizes used in aircon systems that are not standard. It's not worth the gamble when it's going to cost £50-60 to regas if they end up leaking. There's also the environmental consideration, as already mentioned. Buy the correct seals and do the job properly from the start.

Attachments

• 1694453627838-2084484612.jpg
    1694453627838-2084484612.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Back