Technical Airbag Light / Error Codes (not on Airbag ECU)

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag Light / Error Codes (not on Airbag ECU)

Im thinking a bad connection SOMEWHERE..

the intermittent nature with Both set.ups seems to agree

Had any Accessories fitted??

Alarm, towbar..camera..??

All good opportunities for Weirdness..
I’m starting to think that It’s a bad connection I might check some more connections under bonnet tomorrow when its light. No,tow bars or accessories. Dash am is cigarette lighter and is unplugged while trying to fix.Everything standard, it’s a shame as car has only done 39k miles.

Hi yes still,have old one as only put I. This morning but new one acting the same. Might be worth running with the new one for a while if I can’t sort I could try and send the original off for a test.

A or B

Steady on or flashing

3B21C6AF-96D3-4969-945C-20C0F646909D.png
7FD49BB5-7C08-4C22-98EC-A47741AA10D6.png

Hi is A.

when we switch on ignition (don’t started car) it flashes off once (flicker) then stays on. Then we get the airbag check manual error.

Its like the fiat Ducati B0100-49 videos on you tube, but they don’t have the flicker (code is different 0100 instead of 1000).

Last edited:
Once set it should stay set

That’s so an intermittent fault doesn’t accidentally set the airbag off while diving normally

Which is what’s happening in the YouTube videos

HI I think it does a self check and if everything is OK then the light goes off. A moderator at talkford advised this:

from Talk Ford said:
Probably need to have the OBDII scanner active when it throws the code, as I mentioned previously the airbag
light will go out and codes reset when the fault is fixed.

If its intermittent it may have cured itself before you try and read the code. Split second loss of contact to throw the
light but further tests fails because its not making a connection?

HI I think it does a self check and if everything is OK then the light goes off. A moderator at talkford advised this:
I don’t believe this to be case

I bought a panda with the airbag light on

After I fixed the problem. Short behind the glovebox I had to reset the light via software. The error did not self clear

I can’t remember if it blinked during startup possibly

The passenger airbag (on the Panda) can come on and off during driving especially over bumpy roads.

OK thanks. I can switch off light but comes back on. Although it did go off a couple of times on it's own.

Wife said a couple of days ago "would you believe light was on coming home yesterday and when I swictched on this morning it was off". Moved car to shared drive and light back on.

So werid,

I don’t believe this to be case

I bought a panda with the airbag light on

After I fixed the problem. Short behind the glovebox I had to reset the light via software. The error did not self clear

I can’t remember if it blinked during startup possibly

The passenger airbag (on the Panda) can come on and off during driving especially over bumpy roads.
Same here..

Thats why I joined MES :)

OK thanks. I can switch off light but comes back on. Although it did go off a couple of times on it's own.
This bit I don’t understand. We established it’s the front primary airbag not passenger.
Wife said a couple of days ago "would you believe light was on coming home yesterday and when I swictched on this morning it was off". Moved car to shared drive and light back on.

So werid,
Yet weird

Not sure which direction to go

Its not how I expect the system to work

In your screenshot top right it says the fault code is present. You could turn the steering wheel to the right say and then rescan wiggle the BSI leads and rescan and so on

Again thanks for help so far, and update.

Checked new battery and all ok 100% charged.

This morning turned on ignition. Lights A and B (see pictures earlier) came on and went off. Wife said, I dont normally see the B light very often.

Tried on and off a couple of times and airbag light stayed off.

So I tried scanning again and got:

Body / BCM (Body Control Module)

UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED

ISO Code: 40 83 BA 07 D9

VIN code: WF0UXXLTRU9E52965

Hardware number: FI62BC03ZL2 - Ver: 03

Software number: 28212066 - Ver: 0209

Errors found:

U1733-87

B10AA-4A

U1705-87

Airbag / NAB/ORC (Airbag/Occupant Restraint Module)

Siemens Airbag MY06 (Ep - PROXI)

ISO Code: EA 07 98 86 64

VIN code: WF0UXXLTRU9J27487

Hardware number: A2C53245722 - Ver: 81

Software number: 6592870107 - Ver: 0910

Dashboard / IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)

UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED

ISO Code: 32 83 B9 07 4A

VIN code: WF0UXXLTRU9E52965

Hardware number: 50016760000 - Ver: 01

Software number: 04000014421 - Ver: 0405

Errors found:

B1000-49

Just cleared the codes. Now back to how it was. Also Pic B doesn't show up on the self check, so never lights up. When it lit up with A they both went off.

I wish I never reset the codes now. Airbag light went off without them. Now these have gone.

U1733-87
B10AA-4A
U1705-87

Still ther:
B1000-49

I'm not sure why light (Pic B) doesnt come on now when key first turned, when it did was all ok:

pic b.jpg

B10AA

proxi mismatch

Could also be pointing towards the blue&me, which I think is likely

Or

I am going to guess slightly here

There’s a possibility the SDM is programmed for a different airbag configuration, such as curtain which was an optional extra.

I guess you could test this theory for no cost by putting the old module back in and test

Thanks USB charges OK and all the voice controls work for pairing etc. I need to go out and check the usb music, just formatting a couple of different sticks to try.

I did a proxy check and it was ok, but did another anyway. The U1733-87, B10AA-4A, U1705-87
Codes have gone now and I can't get them to come back. Only the B1000-49 still remains. Maybe they will come back overnight again.

I'm thinking that the ford software might pick up a different code or they may be able to tell me what it is.

Odd that the passenger airbag light (b) came on with the main airbag light (a) and they both went off together with the errors, but when errors cleared the main aibag light stayed on.

Thanks USB charges OK and all the voice controls work for pairing etc. I need to go out and check the usb music, just formatting a couple of different sticks to try.

I did a proxy check and it was ok, but did another anyway. The U1733-87, B10AA-4A, U1705-87
Codes have gone now and I can't get them to come back. Only the B1000-49 still remains. Maybe they will come back overnight again.

I'm thinking that the ford software might pick up a different code or they may be able to tell me what it is.

Odd that the passenger airbag light (b) came on with the main airbag light (a) and they both went off together with the errors, but when errors cleared the main aibag light stayed on.
Great

The body computer wasn’t seeing correctly what’s installed but after a proxi it matches again

Great

The body computer wasn’t seeing correctly what’s installed but after a proxi it matches again

I also think it would benefit from being driven a bit with the new module (fitted yesterday). At the moment we switch the iginition on and off alot and that's it.

Back