Currently reading:
Technical Airbag fault

tdv8man

I've got an airbag fault on my 2013 panda. Ran multiecuscan and it says I have the following fault code:

B012B-2F Front impact sensor (driver), signal/message erratic.

It won't clear.

Looked at a load of previous threads and sounds like there could be a broken wire or dodgy connection. Trouble is I can't find the sensor anywhere to start looking for faulty wiring. Does anyone know where it is or got any advice?

Any help appreciated, I could really do with getting this fixed!

Not panda but will give you a clue where and what to look for

If the passenger and driver sensors have exactly the same part numbers ....swap them over and if fault moves then you know it's a sensor fault not wiring fault.
If fault doesn't move then probably wiring fault.

Its worth considering the expense if the airbag is triggered accidentally. Getting a diagnostic sooner is advisable as its the lesser of the two weeveils. If you work on the wiring disconnect the battery and leave it at least 30 minutes before starting.

Do not probe the air bag wiring with any kind of multi meter - risk of firing air bag even if vehicle battery disconnected

I've got an airbag fault on my 2013 panda. Ran multiecuscan and it says I have the following fault code:

B012B-2F Front impact sensor (driver), signal/message erratic.

It won't clear.

Looked at a load of previous threads and sounds like there could be a broken wire or dodgy connection. Trouble is I can't find the sensor anywhere to start looking for faulty wiring. Does anyone know where it is or got any advice?

Any help appreciated, I could really do with getting this fixed!
OK, I have had airbag sensor warning, this was actually the clockspring (indicator switch assembly) it would clear if you went to full lock with the steering wheel in either direction but would then return later. I got the impression that the airbag light does not "latch" on so if yours is persistent then quite possibly something else. Since the clockspring assembly transmits signals to the airbag I would eliminate this. I thought this may help eliminate something at least?

Back