General Air induction piping

Currently reading:
General Air induction piping

wadleys

Hi everyone
I’m wanting to change the induction pipe system back to original system on my 1997 car, the previous owner having fitted a KN air filter & has removed the front resonator and pipes to the air filter & the main pipe to the engine which runs down between the engine & battery tray. Does anyone have any ideas/ thoughts where I can source these parts & support brackets? I’ve spent some time trying to find them.

Mine is a 1997 too and is currently being dismantled and I have most of the air intake pipes available for a small sum .

I do not have the rubber flexi hose that goes onto the throttle body .

I am in Surrey if you wanted to collect or I can post .

I can post some pics tomorrow of the bits I have removed .

Last edited:
Many thanks Barchetta Bloke
Yes if you can post some pics that would be very helpful. I live in south Devon so some miles from you but would be willing to come to an arrangement re payment/postage etc. Would you be able to supply support brackets/bolts?

I managed to retrieve 3 parts tonight but the camera battery was too flat to take pics .

I have the 2 large pieces of hard plastic trunking that sit behind the slam panel and I also found the flexi rubber hose that fits between trunking and air filter box .

I'm not sure what brackets are needed for these , I put all brackets , bolts and screws into 1 box when I randomly removed stuff from the engine bay but I will take a proper look into it tomorrow in proper daylight and with more time .

Many thanks look forward to seeing the pics. Your responses are much appreciated

Here's some pics .

Attachments

• DSC09333.JPG
    DSC09333.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC09334.JPG
    DSC09334.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC09335.JPG
    DSC09335.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC09337.JPG
    DSC09337.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
Pictured we have....

The 2 large pieces of hard plastic trunking that sit behind the slam panel .

You can see that some of the mounting holes have splits around them , due to old age of the plastic and or over tightening . At least 2 of the bolts holding these have been snapped off ever since I had the car ,so not me being ham fisted , for a change .

there is the flexible rubber hose that fits onto these 2 , including some large jubilee clips to replace the clips that were fitted . If you think you need more jubilee clips .I can put more in the box .

There is the hard plastic tube piece which fits between the MAF sensor and the large hose onto the throttle body .
Remember I do not have the throttle body large hose ,that has gone to someone else here a few weeks ago .

The only bracket I can find that is part of all this is the small on shown which fits onto the top of the air filter box and bolts to the MAF with 2 nuts and 2 bolts.
I have got a small selection of 10mm head bolts which hold the big trunking to the slam panel and the 2 nuts .

I also have the 2 short large diameter hoses that fit onto the MAF if you want them , forgot to take pic of those .

Anything else you want just post up .
That can apply to anything else you might want off the car too ,if it is small it can all go in 1 large box .:)

Many thanks again Barchetta Bloke. Am I right in thinking the large hose fitting to the throttle body you mention, is the piping which runs from the right side of the engine & the battery tray down to the air filter housing?

Picture number 2 shows the pipe that runs beside the battery and down to the MAF sensor .

It has that odd shaped piece as part of it .

It joins to the throttle body hose and then runs down by 90 degrees to a short flexi hose and the MAF sensor .

Thank you Barchetta bloke if you would reassemble & take a pic for me I would be extremely grateful

Here are the bits back in the engine bay .

The curved pipe that connects to the vertically mounted MAF also showing the gap where the throttle body hose is missing .

Attachments

• DSC09339.JPG
    DSC09339.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
The large air intake trunking fitted behind the slam panel with the 90 degree flexi hose that fits to both of them .

And off the car too .

Attachments

• DSC09340.JPG
    DSC09340.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC09342.JPG
    DSC09342.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
Thank you once again BB - do you have the MAF (my son says it’s important to have one) ? Please say how much you want for the parts you have shown & any nuts/bolts/clips/brackets etc.

The MAF is shown in the pics .

It is important to have one but if you don't have one , the car won't work or at least will run very badly .

I will now send you a private message to sort out the particulars .

The MAF is shown here ,the 6" metal part inserted into the hose .

Attachments

• DSC09343.JPG
    DSC09343.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Thanks BB - have replied to your private message so hope you’ve got it as I’ve not done this before!

Back