Technical Air filter

Currently reading:
Technical Air filter

PuntoKing

I have a mk1 punto i and i have just got my air filter :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/performance-a...049619346QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As i am a bit crap at things like this can sombody tell me how to fit it? And if your going to say air box can you tell me what they look like and where it it pleas?? :p (y)

edit: I just lookaed at the air box or watever it is and it has a flat air filter?!?! Does this mean i have bought the wrong filter?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Puntoking what you need to do is get rid of your air box (big and black box on top of the engine) It say it has adaptors, this goes around the bottom of the filter,and then will go around you throttle body ( metalic circular inlet on top of engine) But make sure its a snug fit. Tighten jubliee clip and bingo the jobs a gudn!(y)
Will give you a better sound, but as its on top of the engine its sucking in boiling air so dont expect to such much gain in performance!

Woud that actually work seeing as how the hole which the air need to go through is Square??:confused:

Which hole is square PK? Not sure what you mean :confused: The base of the cone is a circle and so is the metal rim on the throttle body. With the adaptor (which ever one fits the throttle body) The cone should slot on to the throttle body, and then all youve got to do is tighten the jubilee clip! (y)

The big black box in the middle can be split into 2 right? The bit that comes of closest to the front of the car containts the old air filter. Can you see where i am goin with this?

If i take off that front bit and put the air filter on the throttle body (im guessing its that springy xilver metal thing that goes straight up?) Then there will be a gaping whole which would be a rectangle

Bit of advice.

GET RID OF THAT 'BARGAIN' AIR FILTER.

You get what you pay for, and in this case its 200% true. I have the exact same filter. It makes the roar sound nice but if you use it, be prepared to kill your engine. Them cheap air filters are a big NO NO (n). I'm sure the others will be on soon to give you a beating about the product too.

so are you using the same one at the moment?

How long you been running it for and have you had any engine troubles?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
this is a gsr kit £120 if you want one pm a forum member called oldschool.
gsr20820v.jpg

Back