Technical Air filter woes, advice needed!

Currently reading:
Technical Air filter woes, advice needed!

Hi,

I've spent the morning trying to give my 2004 Punto a service. I've not owned it long and it appears to have not been serviced in a long time.

Manged to change the oil ok, despite the ridiculously tight sump plug.

Went to change the air filter and encountered two problems.

First of all the screws on the filter housing are all rusty and the the heads are rounded out. So I think I will need a new housing.

Next problem was the right side bolt securing the housing snapped when undoing it.

So I got a pair of pliers and tried to grip on the remaining part of the bolt, and in doing that the whole top of the coil pack housing snapped.

I can see a coil pack with the housing for sale on ebay. I'm just wondering how easy that is to change?

Also, what size is the bolt that has snapped? As I will need to find a replacement.

A job that was meant to cost me £7 for an air filter has become very expensive. I do wish people wouldn't let cars fall into this sort of condition.

qq7Yr4E.jpg

dgeOGCe.jpg

Had the same thing happen to mine, it’s easy to change the coil pack frame but make sure that you get the right one. Undo the three nuts (or is it two nuts and a bolt - can’t remember but it’s defo three fixings) and pull out the frame from the cylinder head to check if there’s an ‘O’ ring in there - I’m guessing that there will be - then make sure you buy the right one as the older ones have an ‘O’ ring and the newer ones don’t.

If it does have an ‘O’ ring I would recommend you get and fit a new one at the same time.

Back