Technical air condition

Currently reading:
Technical air condition

sibonios

Problem with automatic air conditioning. Fiat Stilo. There are no errors in manual reset or diagnostics, but the left side of the windshield is warm and the right is cold when I turn on the air conditioner. What's the problem?

Inside the heater box are plastic flaps that direct the air. On the auto systems these are moved by little electric motors on the outside of the box. On Panda and 500, the shaft of the flap breaks, leaving the motor to spin and achieve nothing. Usual repair means heater out, which is a big job, but there's a garage in the South of England that has a fix. (Not much use for you, sadly, sorry.)

It could be that a motor has failed, or something broken, or just got out of sync. Dealer software, or MultiECUscan (search for details) can reset the motors, but some investigation should be done first. This will involve getting under the fascia, and trying to view the flap motors to see if they actuate anything when the air direction is changed.

Good luck.

Thanks for the instructions. I read it all. It is not clear to me why there are no errors in the diagnostics and no sound of the motor spinning in a circle when the adapter breaks. I'll check.

Are you using MultiECUscan for the diagnostics? Unlikely that a standard reader will communicate with the climate system. If the control unit is sending signals to the motors, and does not measure any feedback, it may think all is well, so no faults reported. If the motors do give feedback about their position, I'd expect errors to be reported.

Ideally need MES to do an interrogation of the climate unit.

I’m currently using AlfaOBD because it’s on my phone, but I think it’s the same. It is not clear to me how the reset on the auto and mono shows 00 on both sides, and it does not work properly. I'll check all the motors again. No constant motors rotation is heard. I will check all the motors again.

Last edited:
Back