air comes out my engine

Currently reading:
air comes out my engine

nivlac

when i turn my engine over air comes out of these holes is that normal. the holes are where you see the alan key bolts when there taken out air comes out the hole when you try to start the engine

attachment.php

Attachments

• brava 51 03.jpg
    brava 51 03.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
yes and no..

yes air would should and can come out if you are running the engine with them out (your shouldn't thow)

there just plugs to give access to bolts below them that holds the cylinder-head extension on

but why are you running the engine without them on, just curiosity ?

these should be kept done up with the seals still on them, it helps the engine run smooth by keeping the CKP ( crank case pressure) contained

Ash(y)

yes and no..

yes air would should and can come out if you are running the engine with them out (your shouldn't thow)

there just plugs to give access to bolts below them that holds the cylinder-head extension on

but why are you running the engine without them on, just curiosity ?

these should be kept done up with the seals still on them, it helps the engine run smooth by keeping the CKP ( crank case pressure) contained

Ash(y)

just undid them cuz may have to do a head gasket change and noticed when i turned the engine over so wonder if it was normal, been told my head gasket has gone but i think surly the engine would start and fire on a couple of cylinders if it had,but it will not start at all, if it was the head gasket i was hoping to use steel seal but i dont think it works with out the engine getting warm??!!??

whats the bolts below them they dont seem to be nut heads or alan key and they dont really look like theres enough teeth to be torx, and once undone how do they come out of there and again what about putting them back in?

whats the bolts below them they dont seem to be nut heads or alan key and they dont really look like theres enough teeth to be torx, and once undone how do they come out of there and again what about putting them back in?

if you have taken them out, simple way to put it your in the ****

there ribe bolts i found out this way after breaking 2 torx in them if you undo these then your putting a massive load on the other bolts these only go upto 15nm and strip hte thread out of the cylinder head easily (i also found this out the hard way)

so simple you take those 10 bolts out the top part of your engine will come off

Ash

Back