air bag light wireing

Currently reading:
air bag light wireing

slowpace

ducato 2.8jtd 05 plate
hi dose any one know wher the wireing is under the seat as i can not see any wires

what i got is air bag light on had some one look at it with a scaner
a snap on one not a cheap one but could not get into airbag side off it
thx s

Tbh most snap on scanners struggle with alot of things
Great tools - but sometimes not quiet there

You may need a dedicated system - such as MES (Multi Ecu Scan) Its a scan software for Fiat / Alfa / Lancia (and 1 or 2 susuki's)
That will connect with the correct lead and allow a fault code diagnosis for you

Have you tried letting the car reset - by taking the battery off overnight - and reconnecting next morning? Perfect chance to give it a recharge too!

ziggy

Tbh most snap on scanners struggle with alot of things
Great tools - but sometimes not quiet there

You may need a dedicated system - such as MES (Multi Ecu Scan) Its a scan software for Fiat / Alfa / Lancia (and 1 or 2 susuki's)
That will connect with the correct lead and allow a fault code diagnosis for you

Have you tried letting the car reset - by taking the battery off overnight - and reconnecting next morning? Perfect chance to give it a recharge too!

ziggy
THX S
H I yes iv left the batt of for a couple of hrs but no change
now trying to find out were the module is for the air bag
thx

As with most fiats, if the light isn't intermittent the the airbag ecu will have recorded a fault which needs resetting in the software.

Playing with the wiring or airbag ecu won't fix the problem it needs plugging in and clearing.

As Ziggy pointed out you'll need either someone with the kit or to buy a £10 lead off eBay and reset it with a downloaded copy of MES (multi ecu scan)

Depending where you are in the country there might be a member local to you with the kit to reset the error

well i have had airbag hook up and they can not get into ecu for the airbag it got to go to a fiat garage with all the gesmos if they can not fix looking at new module £300

Last edited:
Back