Technical Advice on where to get parts ...

Currently reading:
Technical Advice on where to get parts ...

sfaoldun

Hi all!

I need to get a few new parts for the Marea soonish (next week or two) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any companies/websites that are cheap and reliable?

I need a new clutch kit (£126 from Halfords), possibly a new injector (diesel), new brake pads (front) and a new left front light unit.

So far I've looked at buypartsby and a few other places, but I was wondering if anyone had any places they would recommend?

Thanks! :)

P.S. I really don't want to send it to a main dealer, because they'll probably tell me I can't drive it out of there without them working on it ... it's perfectly safe atm, but the warning lights are there (The (!) one and the injector one ... we believe the (!) one is due to super low brake fluid ... which is because the brake pads are worn down a bit, meaning all the fluid has gone into the system, instead of the reservoir) ... wow, that was a long P.S.

P.P.S. I've bought some Redex to put in the tank next time it's filled up ...

P.P.P.S It's a Marea Weekend 1910 JTD 110 SX, 2001

Last edited:
I found a web site called shop4parts.co.uk, a clutch kit for my Marea 2.0 20v was £124 + VAT.

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V saloon

cheapest place is your local motorfactor, certainly cheaper than buypartsby or shop4parts, and a hell of a lot cheaper than halfords.

i dont know why so many people seem to ignore their local motorfactors :confused:

Back