Technical Where's the Marea Fan resistor?!

Currently reading:
Technical Where's the Marea Fan resistor?!

Brim987

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the internal fan resistor on my 2001 Marea due to the fan having a mind of it's own on a bumpy road.
I suspect the issue is poor contacts rather than the resistor but I need to find the resistor to clean them as a first step.

I've attached a pic of the green resistor I found in my 2000 Brava, it was as expected and where expected (under glove box, behind fan) but the Marea is different.
My 1999 1.6 Marea and 2001 2.0 Marea seem to be the same. Therefore, I can't find it in either!

There's a pic and short video of the Marea which might jog a memory somewhere?
(I was bent upside down with a bad back so please forgive the clarity of voice and video)...

Any tips/ideas much appreciated since I seem to have exhausted youtube and the web generally.

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• Brava.jpg
    Brava.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Marea Vid2.mp4
    78 MB
  • Marea.jpg
    Marea.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 63
Hi All,

I'm trying to find the internal fan resistor on my 2001 Marea due to the fan having a mind of it's own on a bumpy road.
I suspect the issue is poor contacts rather than the resistor but I need to find the resistor to clean them as a first step.

I've attached a pic of the green resistor I found in my 2000 Brava, it was as expected and where expected (under glove box, behind fan) but the Marea is different.
My 1999 1.6 Marea and 2001 2.0 Marea seem to be the same.

Any tips/ideas much appreciated since I seem to have exhausted youtube and the web generally.

Thanks
Steve

Hi again,

2 thoughts with this..
my 2001 did this occasionally..I didnt trace it.. didnt try

Modern 'Climate ' systems dont have a resistor.. its an electronic device
(Search 'PWM' on here)

As the Marea has an AUTO feature.. this might be an obvious clue ;-)

Worth looking on ePER to see what is fitted, and its locations

Hi again,

2 thoughts with this..
my 2001 did this occasionally..I didnt trace it.. didnt try

Modern 'Climate ' systems dont have a resistor.. its an electronic device
(Search 'PWM' on here)

As the Marea has an AUTO feature.. this might be an obvious clue ;-)

Worth looking on ePER to see what is fitted, and its locations
Ok, thanks for that, much appreciated.

Explains why I couldn't find the resistor on ePer, mind you I couldn't find the fan either.

I'll research this PWM next, it still feels like a dodgy connection though, bumps in the road affect it.
I can see this being a nightmare.

The old Marea that had a bad experience in the MOT could be a donor for parts but how/what/where I don't know.
That marea led me a merry dance with an unsolvable ABS issue, I can really do without a similar experience.
:-(

If anyone can tell me what blocks to remove to clean the contacts that might affect this PWM, that might be a lifesaver!
Cheers
Steve

Back