General Advice, B being scrapped and prices

Currently reading:
General Advice, B being scrapped and prices

Carolinevn

Hi All,

I wanted a bit of advice (as always!)

1. How easy is it to refit a drivers seat?
2. Has anyone heard of calipers going rusty? Mine appear to be, my friends husband (mechanic) thinks it might be to do with the handbrake not working very well. It has two new cables and it has been tightened, it slackens off straight away!
3. Any idea about prices for boot rubber, window motor, door rubber seals?
4. How easy are the window motors to replace? I think my passenger side one is on it's way out.

There's a little B being scrapped in York. The telephone number is 01904 490978. They will post parts out aswell

Thanks

Caroline

I wanted a bit of advice (as always!)

1. How easy is it to refit a drivers seat?

Simple but DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST! Otherwise you'll set off the airbag light! Now is good time to replace the useless yellow plastic airbag connectors. The seat is held to the runners by 4 torx bolts at the ends of the runners. Be carful not to lose the insert plate and washers that the bolts go through. Careful when you take the seat out not to scuff the plastic kick plate on the door sill, its very soft plastic and the marks won't come out.
2. Has anyone heard of calipers going rusty? Mine appear to be, my friends husband (mechanic) thinks it might be to do with the handbrake not working very well. It has two new cables and it has been tightened, it slackens off straight away!

You mean the discs going rusty or the calipers themselves?

3. Any idea about prices for boot rubber, window motor, door rubber seals?

Seals are very expensive. Prepare to be robbed.

4. How easy are the window motors to replace? I think my passenger side one is on it's way out.

Dismantling the door trim is easy. The trim panel pops off on studs but getting the door handle clear without breaking it is a Mensa test. You might find that all that is needed is silicon spray on the door motor pulley / cables. This is a common B fault. Halfords do a special spray lubricant for window winders.

Last edited:
Back