Technical Adding amp

Currently reading:
Technical Adding amp

Lambman

Just got my Tipo and I'm going to add a subwoofer and amp into the spare wheel space, the amp I'm using has high level inputs so just need to get signals off the speaker wires really only the rear ones are needed.

Has anyone done this as I want to know the easiest way to splice into the rear door mounted speaker supply.

Cheers

Just got my Tipo and I'm going to add a subwoofer and amp into the spare wheel space, the amp I'm using has high level inputs so just need to get signals off the speaker wires really only the rear ones are needed.

Has anyone done this as I want to know the easiest way to splice into the rear door mounted speaker supply.

Cheers
Probably run it under the door in the trim then up inside the door puller trim and splice into the wires behind that trim or if your Lucky you may be able to splice into it at floor level I'd there's good enough Access

Probably run it under the door in the trim then up inside the door puller trim and splice into the wires behind that trim or if your Lucky you may be able to splice into it at floor level I'd there's good enough Access
Thanks Chris, just looked and I can pull the rubber boot off the door connector however there is a lot more wires in that loom than expected. There seems to be two twisted pairs in that loom that I would guess was possibly the speaker but not sure which pair. Do you have any idea of the colour of the cables going to the rear door speakers?

Back