Currently reading:
Technical Accumulator pressure

Paul112004

Hello All
My friends fiat 500 diesel sport has an issue

I've replaced the pressure sensor on the robot as it showed no pressure and also the pump was replaced

I have filled reservoir up to top line and made sure the fluid pumps up the metal pipe into the robot

I wasn't getting any pressure so changed the pressure sensor now I have managed to get 3 bar and the pump goes on and off obviously trying to get pressure up

Do you think as I now know the pump works I have enough fluid and the sensor works that it is most probably the accumulator broken down as it will not go above 3 bar no matter how long its left

I've tried clutch bleed a few times makes no difference

The part is a few hundred so don't want to replace if it's not this part

I'm going to try remove the accumulator today once I buy a thin enough 27mm spanner and check the membrane inside but do you think it probably is this part not able to build up enough pressure

I can't see any other part on that system that could stop it going up because if im correct the pump starts sends fluid up the pipe into the robot into the accumulator and the pressure is then read by the sensor which then if all correct should control the gears ect

Does anybody have the part number for the accumulator on this car
Can it be from a alfa robot or only the fiat robot

Thanks much appreciated

As you say, many of the dualogic components are costly and you don't want to be buying anything unnecessarily.

You could try calling or sending a message to shop4parts; they're generally most helpful and you'll get a discount on anything you buy there if you make a donation to the forum.

Back