Technical ABS Problem

Currently reading:
Technical ABS Problem

smifton

I have a very very bad issue and I'm so f***ed off over it.

Recently the ABS light had been coming on and off, then it stayed on, I thought it might just be a loose wire but turns out a lot worse...

Took the ABS harness off of the pump to find that all the pins and the plugs have rusted and corroded to the point they have fallen apart!! This means money as my car is in the 3rd year of warranty although I'm going to push as hard as possible for fiat to give me some money for it.

Anyway...I found a pump on ebay which would be £100...Would anybody have any idea about the harness!?

The car is booked into the garage for next week so if i can get the parts and its not covered under warranty I'd much rather do the work myself.

If anybody can shed some light on this I'd be very greatful.

Thanks,

Sam

Have the dealers actually said this would not be covered under warranty?

If not i would wait and see what they say, and if they say it's not covered under warranty i would then contact Fiat directly to see what their thoughts are on the issue.

You'll have a job getting money of Fiat - good luck if you try (y)

Its not the pipes its the wiring!! I have spoken to them and they said any electrical fault whether its corrosion or not isnt covered.

Right then for all you who are now panic stricken about the possibility of this happening to your car and dont want to be lumped with a £450 + Repair bill i am in the process of making a quick guide with one of my famous videos (although this time it will be a silent movie as i have all but lost my voice :( ....... :rolleyes:

You used the car much lately tris?

check and clean the battery terminals are clean and tight and the earth straps. Many "faults" show up if the battery is duff or low on charge or high resistance somewhere.... (y)

Mine were still spotlessly clean and shiny (06 plate)

its done 8k since December Andy lol, it doesnt know what not been used means lol

T- a few of the smaller pins are bent and one snapped - the larger contacts all rusted through and one contact came off with the plug, the contacts in the plug looked rusted through. And last night I did practically faint as I really cant afford the repair bills at the moment and I'm really really not happy - its not even two and a half years old and yet this is happening? what happened to modern engineering, I was looking at buying another one but unfortunatly this problem has caused me to re-think the whole idea. (n)

Back