General Abarth owner bowing out !!

Currently reading:
General Abarth owner bowing out !!

Hi All

Well after a few failed attempts at selling the old abarth its finally gone today for a lot less than i paid for it 8 months ago. Seems the writings on the wall for these wonderful vehicles nobody wants them. :(

Well im off to the land of the Smart Car, a 1.3 ForFour to be precise with a 6 speed selespeed type box. (Her indoor want to learn to drive in a Auto).
First impression are excellent. :)

Just like to say what a great help you lot at this forum have been over the last 8 months. I hope to be back one day.

Long live the abarth :slayer: :worship:

Dave

(one boxed new claw alloy and a new abarth back box up for grabs) PM me

Hey you found a buyer, that's better than most.:)

Auto is the way to go, I think everyone should learn in an auto THEN decide whether they want to bother with clutch and gears. Surprisingly fast most autos too

Only idiots keep the abarth now I get the impresion they think their some thing special by owning one....its no longer practical to own one due to the credit crunch and the number of times they break down..

Only idiots keep the abarth now I get the impresion they think their some thing special by owning one....its no longer practical to own one due to the credit crunch and the number of times they break down..

Christ...Get over it PNL... you're forever knocking the Abarth :mad: What's wrong with owning an Abarth? And why would you assume that we think we're something special?

I do bugger all miles and use it as a shopping trolley and a weekend toy. It costs me no more than any other car I'd care to choose and it's running like a dream.

If I'm an idiot for driving a car that I like and enjoy, then so be it. At least I'm happy. :D

Credit crunch lol, Ive got no credit so i arent feeling any crunch. Ive just this morning chopped in my Punto HGT against a 03reg Stilo Abarth. Changed the insurance over, got a £15 quid rebate ?!?!

I dont care too much about the MPG cause i do hardly any anyway. Ive had the family, missus everyone has been trying to get me to buy a golf, but for the money ive paid i dont really want a V reg GTI with 130k on the clock. I like toys and this has plenty. Plus enough room for the little lad in the back.

I like the car, they are value for money so i dont really care what everyone else thinks. So i suppose as one bows out, another one enters... Hi Guys!

Dan

I do partly agree with PNL, in aperfect world of low fuel cost and maitainance free running the abarth is a stunner to own, ive always wanted one, and still do,,,

but im very very wary about stilos electrics now, had masses of problems with the 1.6, and especially with the manual gearbox converted to selespeed, awesome bit of engineering, but one hell of a headache when it goes wrong,

if i did ever get an abarth, i would only use it as a weekend car,

mine is still up for sale, but I think I'm keeping it now, after I've had a couple of problems all seems to be sorted now :) might be getting a run around and keeping the Abarth as a project/weekend car.

seems silly to sell it for a stupid price as you get alot of car for your money.

I've never had major problems with my Abarth just one breakdown in 4 years, I just want something else but trying to sell a car no one really desires is really hard tbh - anyway I have got a finance approval just to go and my Abarth may be gone. I will be sad :( to see her go but its time to move on.

Christ...Get over it PNL... you're forever knocking the Abarth :mad: What's wrong with owning an Abarth? And why would you assume that we think we're something special?

I do bugger all miles and use it as a shopping trolley and a weekend toy. It costs me no more than any other car I'd care to choose and it's running like a dream.

If I'm an idiot for driving a car that I like and enjoy, then so be it. At least I'm happy. :D

Here here. Just stick to giving useful advice PNL, and drop the vitriol - it doesn't suit you.

Imagine how owners of an Alfa 147 GTA, would feel....Gutted to sell it in a Credit Crunch and Tax Hike. GTA over an Abarth anyday.

I think part of the reason they're hard to sell is due to the tax hike they're going to suffer.

Worked out great for me as i just bought an '02 abarth with only 48k on the clock for nothing money...

Even the salesman said no-one is interested in it because of the credit crunch and the tax increases.

As long as i can keep the damn thing out of the garage i will be well happy with it...lol (Ex Bravo 155HGT and Alfa 156 JTD owner)

Daz

Having had several Alfa's (including a 147 GTA) I've found the Stilo Abarth a pretty good compromise so far, although that is only after 4 days of ownership :lol

Back