General A quick hello...

Currently reading:
General A quick hello...

JordyO

Hi everyone... thought I'd take a second to introduce my self. My name is Jordy. I am, what I believe, the only Panda owner in all of Canada.

I had it shipped over to me last summer by a friend in Austria.

It is a white, 999c, LHD, 88 Panda Katalyzator. (the cat. on it is driving me crazy)

As mentioned I had it shipped over to me last July. Now that she's arrived I've got a few problems to get figured out on her. Most importantly that she over heats like crazy. To further this problem, the rad. fan doesn't turn on when it's supposed to. Not sure if one is causing the other but it certainly isn't helping! Other than the over heating it seems it needs a new catalytic convertor, which is pretty darned hard to find over here! Once I get that all figured out the car will be used for car stereo competitions. These cars are the loudest in the world and that's the main reason why I've had it brought over.

Well... there's my introduction. I'll be watching the forums quite closely over the next few months in hopes of finding info I can use to fix up my problems. Unfortunately I won't be able to get any work done on it until the end of April or begining of May as it's away in storage. :bang:

Here's a picture of the car.. .not in the best shape but the body will be fixed up as soon as I get the more important issues taken care of!

panda.jpg

Steve said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You have just sank Jims plans to have the only Panda in North America! :D

Fine... I'll have the only panda in Central america then....

Sylivo, the fastest panda in all of mexico... Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale!

Jim

Steve said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You've found the right forum for assistance. Welcome! (y)

Geez... sorry about that Jim :D

I actually know of 1 other.. in the US actually. Another car stereo competitor!

Thanks for the tips on locating parts everyone... should come in very handy! (y)

JordyO said:
Hi everyone... Most importantly that she over heats like crazy

Usually overheating with pandas is a sign of a busted head gasket.

Is it using water/oil?

Does the container that holds the coolant look like this?

DSC00076.JPG

or do you have brown mucky mayo round the filler cap?

DSC00633.JPG

You gotta bring that to FF06 in Detroit, they'd freak at 2 pandas being there!!!! (you hang around 10 years and 2 pandas turn up at once!!!)

Yours,

Buzz Aldrin

Last edited:
Steve said:
You are aware Canada is not actually part of North America... North America... that's the bit without the Tacos and pinatas.

Canada is a country, so is North America

the bit with tacos and pinatas is Mexico, which is also a seperate country

so you can still have the only Panda in North America, not the only one in America, just like Steve has the only 750 in NI, its not the only one in the UK

serin said:
Canada is a country, so is North America

the bit with tacos and pinatas is Mexico, which is also a seperate country

so you can still have the only Panda in North America, not the only one in America, just like Steve has the only 750 in NI, its not the only one in the UK

He knows someone that's got one in America Serin....

Back