General a girl's car?

Currently reading:
General a girl's car?

Ok, thanx dude! Now i know ill just let my dad do it ;)

Its gr8 having a mechanic as a dad:slayer:

Ok so my inner driveshaft boot has a little split in it and its loosing its greasy lube (n)

How would i go about replacing it?

Cut the clips holding the busted one, cut it off, clean all of the crap off the joint.........

how does the new one go on?

Cheers
BPD

remove the shaft! (n)

Surely i can just cut it and glue it then fill it with grease....?

After reading that i am not sure if he DIY the ford himself, as no doubt he will need to remove drive shaft to change the engine!

Ming

After reading that i am not sure if he DIY the ford himself, as no doubt he will need to remove drive shaft to change the engine!

Ming

:D You're on my page ycming! (y)

Yeh im the one who does all the calculations (working out the best way to put a huge clutch onto a tiny car) and finds the parts for the right prices, scrapyard hunting ect. I am USELESSSS with a spanner! i leave that side of the business to mi dad and his pals, who arent that good at the technical stuff. i jus advise and point out to them how it could be done and they tell me if its mechanicaly possible or not. I am learning though. very slowly. Hence the fact that i am gonna attempt to replace the inner Driveshaft Boot on my Sei.

Yeh im the one who does all the calculations (working out the best way to put a huge clutch onto a tiny car) and finds the parts for the right prices, scrapyard hunting ect. I am USELESSSS with a spanner! i leave that side of the business to mi dad and his pals, who arent that good at the technical stuff. i jus advise and point out to them how it could be done and they tell me if its mechanicaly possible or not. I am learning though. very slowly. Hence the fact that i am gonna attempt to replace the inner Driveshaft Boot on my Sei.

Surely that is governed by the bell-housing size on the donor engine, and the standard one would be fine... just my thoughts.

No pictures on the work in progress for the Ka then Benzo, I'm only in Telford I'd love a look ata that! (y)

one last comment of the status of the cinq.

no other car on the low end second hand market comes close for nippiness and build quality. ive driven several brand new hire cars and they're not appreciably better to drive. the only new standards are ABS, power steering and air con. and we don't need these.

i bought my cinq when i was truck driving. anyone who's driven a lorry knows that big isn't clever. humvee drivers should learn this.

there's nothing more embarrassing than seeing a finely engineered german car being driven badly. and 9 out of 10 are. if you sound your horn, they think you're jealous. no, we're not.

a well driven cinq will **** on anything in town. and, most things on the twisty stuff. if they get in front, you'll soon catch up.

i wouldn't exactly say it's a motorway car, but, hey, you can't have everything.

look after your cinq/sei, and never, ever scrap it.

Last edited:
turbo cinqs are great on the motorway. not sure why but it used to feel buzzy and crap but now it just seems effortless. find myself hitting 90+ and not noticing and only realise when bmws are pulling out of there lane to let me past :p

have to agree tho. most modern small cars that would be cheap like the cento was are only 3 cylinder, sound crap and are throw away cars.

turbo cinqs are great on the motorway. not sure why but it used to feel buzzy and crap but now it just seems effortless.
If you listen to an N/A you'll realise you're buzzing is mostly exhaust noise & the turbo helps to deaden that noise, more so when it's not pushing little to no boost, so the whole car sounds smoother. Sure you still have the wind & tyre noise but the noises you get from those are at different frequencies so everything amplifies everything else.

yeh I know what you mean. think the fact that when your in 5th on motorway doing what ever speed you can put your foot down and start moving off at a decent pace unlike with N/A where you had to shift down or sss-lll-ooo-lll-yyy pick speed up :p
This is where I look at you blankly with little comprehension cause when a lorry pulls out the way & I open up in 6th even the N/A will typically leave the car behind me standing... and it isn't even properly on-cam till 75mph!

Last edited:
yeh but that is a cammy car. im no about when i had N/A with p75 cam and 4/2/1 manifold so nothing great.
what 6 speed you got? I have a nice clean punto 55 6 speed that im fitting tomorrow. look like 6th is very close to the standard 5th (took the box apart last week)
might be crap in the turbo but worth a try. Im hoping it will have a gear thats closer to max power on boost as it will help with auto test and sprint which im doing there you are not really changing gear much.

Yeah the N/A is cammy, however the point was before it gets on cam I'm leaving people standing from 50/55mph & that's an 1108cc engine with a worked over head, header to tail pipe sports exhaust, induction kit, C&B 268 cam & a remap (aka different ECU), it's 6 speed was lifted from a Mk2.5 Sporting.

Problem with the Mk1 Punto 6 speed box is it has a 13/64 final drive rather than a 15/58, making 6th something like 3.65:1, the stock SPI 'cento is somewhere in the 3:1 area. Great for acceleration but top speed & economy will probably be hit. It's also rumored to be a fair bit weaker than the latter 1.2/1.4 16v 6 speeds which in all honesty I could well believe as the latter will take abuse & then some, an example is bolted to my turbo.

got to love this topic of conversation, people with bigger cars thinking ours are little toys.

its not all about engine size especially with the drivers out there who can't handle their cars

two personal experiences on that point, i beat my mate at college in a short race he thought he could beat me in his 1.4 rover 25, but he happens to be a bit of a rubish driver

the other along a back road in oxfordshire in the pouring rain, pulled off the A road with a lotus exige just cutting me up to get in front, he started to gun it and though... hmm i dont know these roads and its wet and proceeded to back off till the point he has sitting at exactly 40 mph, but as i knew the roads.... i overtook :)

everyone who has come for a drive in my sei have all said its suprisingly quick for its size :) but we all knew that before

the other along a back road in oxfordshire in the pouring rain, pulled off the A road with a lotus exige just cutting me up to get in front, he started to gun it and though... hmm i dont know these roads and its wet and proceeded to back off till the point he has sitting at exactly 40 mph, but as i knew the roads.... i overtook :)
Or the Exige driver may have gunned it & then started to get sensible, the Exige S2 runs Yok AO48 as its OE tyre, 5mm tread from new & as for the tread pattern
View attachment 66090
In the wet they make the original Nankang ditch finders feel like high-performance tyres on a 'cento.

Back