General A few questions if you guys don't mind?

Currently reading:
General A few questions if you guys don't mind?

Good morning guys really excited about picking Benni up in about 6-8 weeks :) but I have a few questions if that's ok?

1 is the fiat 500 community the type that wave at another 500. As a previous owner of a classic mini and a Vespa I just wondered if this happened!

2 what size memory stick is the largest we can us on the USB?

3 when connecting phones can you play the music files off your phone?

Any help or questions appreciated

1 used to be, but not anymore. Keep your car 25 years and they'll start waving again.
2 I don't think there's a limit??
3 If you connect with a cable to the usb port. Iphones work great, especially if you have nosplashscreen via cydia. I tried a samsung galaxy s3 which worked but I needed to mess around navigating files etc, got bored and just went back to my iphone.

1 Very rarely, but it does happen sometimes.

2 Not sure there is any limit.

3 Not 100% sure but think the answer is that it will work with the iPhone with the current version of Blue & Me, but not other phones simply by reason of being Bluetoothed. But you can connect with a wire.

2 what size memory stick is the largest we can us on the USB?

I had 'trouble' with the bigger keys. The 2 gig 'slower speed' USB key is more reliable than a modern day 'fast transfer speed' 8 gig USB key. If I'm updating the B&Me on either the ex-500 or the MiTo I use a 1 gig USB stick that I got 'free' with a Blu ray player.

Regarding memory sticks my dealer recommended using 1 or 2GB ones only as larger ones may corrupt the cars system requiring it to be reset. Saying that I use an old sandisk 4GB permanently plugged in for ecodrive data (and occasionally tunes). Blue and me only seems to like MP3 files on the USB, though I have used my ipod in the 500 in the past but find navigating the menus a complete faff and too distracting whilst driving. I must be getting old as I find the sound of silence/tyre rumble/wind noise and engine notes preferable to music or inane radio chatter.

Dealer talks crap, I've been using a 32Gb Sandisk micro for over a year without a single issue.

Happy with m4a files from iTunes too.

Yeah I thought so but erred on the side of caution! TBH the only issues I've had are with constantly plugging and unplugging ANY USB sticks, tend to leave one in all the time now.

I found mine very picky about file types (though could nave been file folders causing this).

Mind you the dealer told me I'd need an adapter to use my ipod and I don't!

Forgot to mention, it will recognise and play MP3 files off my HTC sensation!

Android rocks:slayer:

*ducks to avoid apple fan boy rocks been thrown*

:devil:

Last edited:
When I first got my 500 I used to wave at other 500 drivers I passed. The novelty soon wore off when only 1 person ever waved back.

I also used to purposely park my volare blue lounge next to a pink cc which was often in the carpark of my local Asda. I thought they looked so cute together. I stopped though when the young girl who owned it threw me a dirty look when I smiled at her :eek:

Yeah I thought so but erred on the side of caution! TBH the only issues I've had are with constantly plugging and unplugging ANY USB sticks, tend to leave one in all the time now.

I found mine very picky about file types (though could nave been file folders causing this).

Mind you the dealer told me I'd need an adapter to use my ipod and I don't!

Forgot to mention, it will recognise and play MP3 files off my HTC sensation!

Android rocks:slayer:

*ducks to avoid apple fan boy ROCKS been thrown*

:devil:

Apple fan boys wouldn't throw rocks it would have to be sour apples

Regarding memory sticks my dealer recommended using 1 or 2GB ones only as larger ones may corrupt the cars system requiring it to be reset.

Utter ********. I would challenge whoever said that to explain in detail how inserting a usb memory stick above a certain size corrupts the system. As I'm sure would the people at Microsoft who developed the system. I've happily used up to 64gig sticks with no issues at all.

Back