Technical A Few Problems

Currently reading:
Technical A Few Problems

kingdazza11

I have a few problems at the moment. My fuel consumption is extremly high, also when people sit in the back, there is a kind of a grinding noise when i pull off, the sounds like something scraping along the floor, could it be the added weight, as i have alot of stuff in the boot, and having a 2 "big" people in the back lol?.

Also, when i come to a stop , sometimes the brakes or something makes a weird noise, like a squabblle (dont know how to explain the sound) it only happens when im slowing right down about to stop.

Please help me guys

has your motor been lowered? it sounds like you may have something touching the ground (possibly exhaust)

or maybe even something wrong with your back axel, not too sure without experiencing first hand

has your motor been lowered? it sounds like you may have something touching the ground (possibly exhaust)

or maybe even something wrong with your back axel, not too sure without experiencing first hand

when i look at it, nothing is touching the floor :idea:hmmm

Hi mate,

Check the clearance between the front of your rear silencer and the rear beam of the suspension. Its a very common problem on the Mk2. Dead easy to fix if it is.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Back