General A few bits and bobs wanted

Currently reading:
General A few bits and bobs wanted

I placed it in the ad section but that looks to have had about 6 posts in the last 12 months so not hopeful there ! Just cleaning the car today I noticed a few things that someone might be able to help me with

For Mk 2
1 off protector LH Sill - it is the bit that fits over the dog leg in the seam to stop it suffering stone damage, just in front of the rear wheel. A rubber/plastic thing.

1 off rubber buffer - rear parcel shelf. fits on the speaker mounting piece and stops the parcel shelf rattling around in normal driving.

1 off insert with jack and tools for a Punto that doesn't have one of those entirely useless "get you home (not)" foam kits. I have the spare wheel now. I needs the jack, brace etc.

1 off rear bump stop that fits inside the rear spring.

If you can help with any of these - please pm me or place a message here. Many thanks.

I placed it in the ad section but that looks to have had about 6 posts in the last 12 months so not hopeful there ! Just cleaning the car today I noticed a few things that someone might be able to help me with

For Mk 2
1 off protector LH Sill - it is the bit that fits over the dog leg in the seam to stop it suffering stone damage, just in front of the rear wheel. A rubber/plastic thing.

1 off rubber buffer - rear parcel shelf. fits on the speaker mounting piece and stops the parcel shelf rattling around in normal driving.

1 off insert with jack and tools for a Punto that doesn't have one of those entirely useless "get you home (not)" foam kits. I have the spare wheel now. I needs the jack, brace etc.

1 off rear bump stop that fits inside the rear spring.

If you can help with any of these - please pm me or place a message here. Many thanks.

LH sill thing - i have no idea what you are on about

1x Rubber pads items - tbh you are much better off been at the local scrappy as they aren't that much sort after
Cheap too! £1 Max i would have thought!

1x Emergency wheel kit = Ebay
However - you probably could get this too from the scrap yard

the bump stop
Dont know if there an MOT requirement or not
But
Ebay again :) Most in scrap yards are probably perished and about ready to fall off
However you could probably bond it back in :) cable tie it for a short while :)

Ziggy

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
In regards to the bump stops it's not a MOT requirement but if it's loose then the tester may put it down as an advisory like he did on my MOT test a few weeks ago. Quite stupid to be honest but bare in mind some testers will be picky with certain things and some won't be, it's shear luck these days with MOT's. :)

But if it really bugs you then do as Ziggy said either eBay or bond the old one back on, which is what I did - just get some soft glue for rubber and let it dry for approx 10-15 minutes.

The 3 scrap yards local to me do not have a punto between them :mad:. That is why I posted on here. Rubber protector is underneath the sill just in front of the rear wheel, not inside the wheel arch at all. I don't need any of these things for the MOT.

There's a little rubber bit bottom of sills in front of rear wheel.

It may have been designed with a purpose in mind.

In my experience, it seems to be very effective in trapping water near the rear of the sills and encouraging rust.

Not sure about the stone chip argument, but seems to me leaving it off is not going to cause you too much headache.

Put it this way, if it was missing both sides, you may not even have worried about it!

Back