General a couple of issues with sisley

Currently reading:
General a couple of issues with sisley

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on a couple of problems with my sisley.

It leaks when it rains! Seems to be coming from the steering rack or windscreen maybe. A puddle of water appears in drivers footwell when its been standing in the rain. Anyone else had similar?

Second problem. There seems to be a rattly/flappy noise when idling, if I depress the clutch it goes away though?

On a better note though, started (third time) after standing for a week even though its missing the hot air intake hose that I've been meaning to replace.:)

My leak was caused by a duff windscreen seal

The water ran down the A pillar, across the dash and behind the fabric - pooling in the drivers and passenger footwell

Rattle with gear box sounds like low gear box oil. The same happened with our 1000cl when at idle and in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Just get the gear box oil level checked and possibly topped up, should then stop. (Unless you've got a gater leaking, and the same will happen again when the gear box oil level becomes low again.)

Rattle with gear box sounds like low gear box oil. The same happened with our 1000cl when at idle and in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Just get the gear box oil level checked and possibly topped up, should then stop. (Unless you've got a gater leaking, and the same will happen again when the gear box oil level becomes low again.)

Hello there fellow-Suffolk Fiat owner!

MEP is absolutley right, check your gaiters for leaks and top up your gearbox oil before you knacker the gearbox.

MARTIN

Agree with last mail water leak check under rubber seal any paint bursting up would be a indication of rust quickest way remove screen and have a look also check under the black vents at the bottom corner's of the screen I have know them to hide rust and its a tad quicker than removing the sreen.

Thanks for all the replys!

The gearbox gaiter was leaking and was replaced last month and the oil topped up according to the garage bill, maybe I'll put more oil in myself, whats the best kind to get? and do I need to drain it first and put all new stuff in?

allen fletcher - RE: windscreen leak
'the black vents at bottom corners of screen' is that on the outside or inside?

As for oil. They say don't use the EP stuff thats sold everywhere. Apparently using standard motor oil is fine for the box but I've killed two boxes in the past two years and I'm pretty sure its the oil that did it.

Anyone got a spare 4x4 box btw? :D

The clutch noise going away you press the pedal sounds to me like the thrust bearing is going, it will rattle away for a while but will eventually damage the pressure plate if it is on it's way out.

Thanks for all the replys!

The gearbox gaiter was leaking and was replaced last month and the oil topped up according to the garage bill, maybe I'll put more oil in myself, whats the best kind to get? and do I need to drain it first and put all new stuff in?

allen fletcher - RE: windscreen leak
'the black vents at bottom corners of screen' is that on the outside or inside?

Just check the gaiter(s) again. I unfortunalty had the same one go 3 times in a month for some strange reason (garage put it down to a dogy batch) but luckily all seems to be ok now. I'm now so paranoid about them, that I include them in my weekly checks.

And hello 'Pandarus', where in Suffolk are you?

Jon

Back