Technical 90 ELX ECU problem

Currently reading:
Technical 90 ELX ECU problem

omgyjya_switch7

Hi, I own a 1995 1.6 90 ELX, recently the heater matrix blew and wet my ecu and blew that, so i bought a replacement ecu from ebay, exactly the same except it is from a 1997, plugged it in, and nothing, turns over but doesnt start. Any ideas? :confused: Thanks!

omgyjya_switch7 said:
Hi, I own a 1995 1.6 90 ELX, recently the heater matrix blew and wet my ecu and blew that, so i bought a replacement ecu from ebay, exactly the same except it is from a 1997, plugged it in, and nothing, turns over but doesnt start. Any ideas? :confused: Thanks!

Well I am guessing that all of fiat cars from about 96 had factory imobilisers fitted as standard and I would bet that the ECU is being sent the dont start signal from the RFID chip in the ring that surrounds the lock. These can be reprogrammed but you can see why it would do this cos you could just pinch it real easy if this was allowed.... Some of the ECU repairers can reprogram the ecu to be OPEN but I would have allok on EBAY a guy there has a good advert and maybe he can help (seems to have a lot of info...)

I would think thats the problem to be honest...... Check it out...

I have the keys and lock set for the car it came out of, two blue and one red, what can i do if i have these keys? Thanks. :)

any advice on getting the ignition barrel out? i havent really had a look, tried the hold the keys thing up today, didnt expect it to work... :D cheers. (y)

Okay, sounds simple enough! what is the box that comes with it? it only clips onto the barrel, not connected, wouldnt start when i held the keys up, didnt think it would but worth a try, im trying to sell it, i doubt the buyers would think very much of holding up a second set of keys everytime they wanted to start it :D Mike.

what does the button look like? the barrel seems to be connected by two bolts that cannot be undone? :( does the button next to the keyhole do anything? thanks, Mike. :)

when pushing the button on the end? should the key be in a certain position? im sorry if im bothering you now... :confused: Cheers.

Back