Technical 899CC Breather Hose

Currently reading:
Technical 899CC Breather Hose

badboyz016

Evenin, I was looking at the breather hose today cuz there is oil which seems is coming out of there....
When i pulled gently it came off the point where its meant to be secured.....this isnt meant to be that lose is it? I guess a new jubilee clip will fix this?

Karwing

Cruisin aint a crime!!

There shouldn't be much pressure there at all, so a jubilee clip is not neccessary. A tiewrap is sufficient. Make sure the breather is clear. If oil is coming out of the breather then basically your engine is having a heart attack. It could be the rings are worn allowing combustion pressure into the crankcase or a blockage in a pipe inceasing pressure.

Cheers

D

Grumpy old git going fast downhill rather than downhill fast!!

Just to make sure, the breather pipe on the 899CC engine is the one connected to the air box going to the top of the engine?
In this pipe there is some kind of metal stuff? Its like a mini scourer? Should this be in there?

Cheers

Karwing

Cruisin aint a crime!!

hehe i dunno if your on about the same thing thats happenin with my cinq, but im gettin oil comin out of the tube that connects to my air filter. Yet my car runs like a dream.. confused [8] hehe any ideas?@

Interior + ICE Sorted...Bumpers,Wheels,springs and Backbox left to sort!
Interior2.jpg

have this problem as well, and was told by a friend...
when you drive the car hard the engine sucks air in harder, because the oil breather hose is connected to the induction system it can suck air up through this, which brings some oil up as well. With a K&N fitted air gets pulled in even harder, bring in more oil up.
he also told me that it could be the rings are worn too but this normal means that u get a bit of a smokey zorst as well

with the way i drive think mines a bit of both.

whos is the little red fiat?

Yup, sounds about right. Could be worth taking the breathers off and soaking in paraffin for a while to clean out the flame trap inside. Thats the lump of wire wool by the way.

Cheers

D

Yup, sounds about right. Could be worth taking the breathers off and soaking in paraffin for a while to clean out the flame trap inside. Thats the lump of wire wool by the way.

Cheers

D

now ive finished my GSR-i style induction kit, ive got a small crank case breather filter on it.

if i can upload the pix i will show u, but i cant upload on to my website anymore. [:(!]

whos is the little red fiat?

Mic.neale - could you email that pic to me @ [email protected]?
I do drive my car hard at times to make it move but i dont have smoke yet....(hopefully I never get it)

Rallycinq - Cheers mate, I will get the tubing off when I get the chance and clean it all up.

karwing

Cruisin aint a crime!!

Back