Technical 899 - Bigger engine swap??

Currently reading:
Technical 899 - Bigger engine swap??

Originally posted by chrisunoman
Cov69, you mentioned you had a k&n, is it the replacement element or a cone filter?

If its a cone filter, make sure you have LOADS of cold air ducting going to the cone otherwise you will notice a drop in performance.

Its a replacement cone filter, ive fitted where the standard box usually is, and no ducting :I hehe so im off out to buy some, i didnt even think about that... CHEERS!!!

Bad Boy SX Bumper To Come :D
myFiat1.jpg

5minslater.jpg

It is entirely possible to mod an 899, its just a little more difficult than an 1108.

The basics of tuning is to get more fuel and air in, to make a bigger bang, and then get it all back out again.

The problem becomes one of economics. I don't know of anyone who has extensively modded the 899 so there are few parts readily available.

I would speak to Avanti and see if they have any ideas, but it aint going to be cheap.

If your shell is good and you have done mods to the exterior or interior, then the cheapest option would be to find a rolled 1108 and transfer the bits. Its what I did.

Cheers

D

Grumpy old git going fast downhill rather than downhill fast!!

The part which lets the FIRE engines down is the inlet manifold.

Fiat cast there inlet manifolds and just left them, meaning there will be a lot of sharp edges inside, and to achieve an increase in performance the inlet manifold should be smoothed.

You would get to a point where the increase in air into the engine wouldnt make any difference because the advantages would be lost before they reach the head due to the standard inlet manifold.

your engine is crap...mine runs 95 (roadtested)...also 899 cc...100% original engine and exhaust.

regards...

I sort of got "your engine is crap, my 899 has 95BHP" but that's so unlikely I was considering something to do with octane 95 fuel? Then again I haven't read this thread so not sure.
95BHP from a standard 0.9litre engine, move over coupe, you have a challenger :p

tell u the truth guys there is no point in modding a 900cc at all my one has had a port poliahed and gasflowed head k&n no cat performance backbox modified carb with larger injectors and still i find that it is not really a thrilling a ride if u want a faster one buy a sporting or something i have learnt my lesson now my engine has only done 6000 miles and the bottom end has had it any way any normal 899 cinq can do 95 my one has been clocked by the police doin 119 mph my poor father lost his license oh well !!!

Back