Technical 899 - Bigger engine swap??

Currently reading:
Technical 899 - Bigger engine swap??

My cinq is pretty much std still, and it turns heads everywhere :D :p

Abarth Kitted Cinq Sporting, Sig coming soon ;)
cams.gif

Originally posted by rallycinq
I think your engine is needing some work. Make sure its fully serviced, new oil and filter, with a flush, new airfilter and remember the fuel filter. Plugs, properly gapped.

My 899 cruises at 70 all day long.

If you want to do more, a head job would be a place to start, but thats not cheap.

Cheers

D

Grumpy old git going fast downhill rather than downhill fast!!

HELP!! hehe, ive just done an oil change, with new oil filter, cleaned my K&N and refitted, and my car is as fast as a slug on crutches still... doesnt feel any nippier, just growls and dont go no-where.... any more ideas apart from plugs and petrol filters?

myFiat.jpg

My car's got fresh oil, new oil filter, new air filter, new Magnecor KV85's, fairly new Champion EON 6's and it's been serviced 6 months ago, but it's still pinking and misfiring (slightly).

I think the leads are arcing. Any ideas what I can do to stop the arcing [?] I've also tried two different ignition coils. Would a new fuel filter help much [?]

V reg 899cc Sei SX (Standard, but with Magnecor KV85 leads), done 38,000 miles!

Originally posted by kurupt39
starter motor may not be turning fast enough. the pistons may not be moving. spray the engine with WD 40 see if that helps.
Seriously mate, the gig is up. What the f**k are you talking about?!?!?!

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

Union Jackass

can not remember exactly but the haynes manual says something about sprayinh the engine with WD40 due to moisture but me been tired lately and not very well so can not make snese of anything not beenable to concentrate

Originally posted by walker4212
Hi all, i'm new here! Just bout to start modding my sei, bought k&n yesterday. Will the 1242 engine fit straight into the sei as well as the cinq?

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you're starting with an SPI Sei Sporting then it's a straightforward swap.

oo - that's alliteration for you!

Pete.

Links: 1242cc cinq, turbo cinq, Cinqs&Seis forum, Clubcento

Cov69, you mentioned you had a k&n, is it the replacement element or a cone filter?

If its a cone filter, make sure you have LOADS of cold air ducting going to the cone otherwise you will notice a drop in performance.

And it might be worth investing in a performance exhaust. Since ive had one fitted to my Uno, its much happier at speed and seems to have some extra top-end grunt!! :p

Btw is it me, or can anyone else not understand Kerupts posts? I have to read them about 20 times so that i can decipher what hes saying!

noted me going to be quiet now and get back to speculating what i am going to have in my sx

cd player
aluminun floorin
leather or swede seats with fire effetc
neons to ligfht up the floor
red pedals
red door handles
fish tank............

Back