Technical 75SX Horn problem

Currently reading:
Technical 75SX Horn problem

NathanPrince

Ok guys, bought a punto 75SX recently and the horn wasn't working, soon realised the fuse had been removed so I put in a spare 15amp that was in my glovebox (unsure of the correct amperage needed) And all was well...UNTIL, my horn keeps sticking on, and sometimes even honks when I turn the wheel? Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be as its due for MOT very soon and I need to sort it before hand otherwise its FAIL time. Thanks:slayer:

Yeah tis a little annoying just a constant droning "boooooooooooooooooooooong" I have popped of the horn push and it was all connected fine but the little black switch looking things at the bottom like to move around, could this be the problem? New to puntos and even newer to electrical fault diagnosis, give me mechanical any day :bang::bang::bang:

I just found the horn on my HGT isn't working. I'd better look at the fuse.

I dont know about Fiat horns, but some cars feed the live to the horn and the horn switch shorts to earth. With those a faulty horn can come on continuously. It's worth 2 mins to check the power down at the horn before pulling the steering apart.

Back