General 750 Mpg

Currently reading:
General 750 Mpg

Splutter has the sweetest wee engine I think (The 750's sound soooo nice compared to the other panda motors) but I was wondering if 37MPG is a bit on the low side?

Any other 750 drivers care to comment?

Jim

You do drive with a lead foot Jim......

Oi! I'm not that bad! Anyway it's a 12% hill for the first mile to work outside the house... (1 in 8 for them in victorian)

seems about same as mine :( but i got new carb inna box to try as it some times tick over fast

I'm going to get Splutters carb serviced soon (and get him serviced this week for plugs, filters and oil etc and we'll see if that makes a difference)

Jim

I've just calculated mine firstly over a mixed tankful part motorway part urban mostly fast- got 38mpg

then the next tankful pure motorway all at 60 - 70 mph and got 42mpg.
So being light or lead footed doesn't have an enormous difference in my car :confused:

Thanks guys... Splutter is a right pain when he's cold as he won't run properlly, cutting out and dying so I thought that the low fuel consumption was part of the problem.:(
But when he warms up he really is sweet, the little engine is just pure honey and I could listen to it all day ;)

Well, i bought a oil, air and fuel filter and oil & plug (yes, they're all the same size for those who need to know!) and some carb cleaner that i intend to soak the webber in at some point over the weekend. I'll see if that helps the running

Jim

I've just calculated mine firstly over a mixed tankful part motorway part urban mostly fast- got 38mpg

then the next tankful pure motorway all at 60 - 70 mph and got 42mpg.
So being light or lead footed doesn't have an enormous difference in my car :confused:

I'll take it yours is a 5speed? (splutter is 4 on the floor, hehe)

Jim

I've not been too bad with the other cars and 5th gear.... But a 20 year old 750 with hammock seats is a experice to behold so I've not really been driving too many of the other motors, hehe!

Weirdly both 750's that i've owned where a pain when cold and exactly in the same way. Anyone else got that problem?

Jim

Hi Jim,

My 750 did not like the cold at all. She would always start but often cut out approaching junctions and roundabouts etc.

That said, once warmed up the car ran like a dream - what a superb little engine.

MARTIN

I've not been too bad with the other cars and 5th gear.... But a 20 year old 750 with hammock seats is a experice to behold so I've not really been driving too many of the other motors, hehe!

Weirdly both 750's that i've owned where a pain when cold and exactly in the same way. Anyone else got that problem?

Jim

We used to have it with the F-reg 750L we've got, but after a good service and new points and HT leads she started no matter how cold, or damp it was.

Back