General 750 panda engine swap

Currently reading:
General 750 panda engine swap

Pandaben

Hi I run a 750 panda for 3 years now and done the usual and beyond to keep her going. Head gaskets points plugs brakes suspension valves the lot but unfortunately I think my block has had its last revival. Want to engine swap to the punto 1.2 mk1 read lots on people doing this but no one done it with the 750
dose the gear box fit ?
It's the 4 gear version . Will the ratio be pointless?
Will I end up getting to 60 in silly time then be reving the nut off it ?
Any help apprecited cheers

If your panda is fitted with a 750 fire engine then the gearbox is a staight swop.

The top speed and revs in gear will be the same so it will behave as your 750 does now but it will also get to 60 in silly time:devil: It will be fine but tiring on your ears if doing long journeys. Upgrade to a panda 1000 5-speed box for relaxed high speed cruising.

Its a relatively easy swop that can be done in a weekend if you have all the parts ready.

Some supplemenary questions to help guide you, is your 750 fuel injection, are you adding an electric fuel pump or are you planning on useing a carb?

Last edited:
Wow I'm new to this that was quick. I thought as much . I live on a small island any way short straights and hair pins may be not that bad. I have chance of the engine but no gear box that's why I ask . Yeah electric fuel pump .
Do you know anything about the electrics involved I've read it's sort of plug and play use the panda electrics. Is the loom on the engine and ecu all I need . Ie just wire the alternator and starter motor in and go?
Bar all the plugs for the puntos dials gauges ECT that I won't need or plug in is there anything else I need to do ? . Unfortunately electrics are my down fall
If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks again for quick reply

Do I have to start a new thing to ask a new question . Because since reading you lads I've become a fire engine freak and have a million questions

Hi I run a 750 panda for 3 years now and done the usual and beyond to keep her going.
Head gaskets points plugs brakes suspension valves the lot but unfortunately I think my block has had its last revival.
Want to engine swap to the punto 1.2 mk1 read lots on people doing this but no one done it with the 750
dose the gear box fit ?
It's the 4 gear version . Will the ratio be pointless?
Will I end up getting to 60 in silly time then be reving the nut off it ?
Any help apprecited cheers
I always read about putting in a Punto 1.2 mk1 engine, why. ??
Because it's a 16v engine. ??
Would for example a Panda 169 1.2ltr 8v 69 hp engine + gearbox fit in the 141A body, and if not, "why not". ??
And would it make any difference if the based on Panda has a older 988cc engine or what ever type FIRE engine. ??

I always read about putting in a Punto 1.2 mk1 engine, why. ??

Because it's a 16v engine. ??

Would for example a Panda 169 1.2ltr 8v 69 hp engine + gearbox fit in the 141A body, and if not, "why not". ??

And would it make any difference if the based on Panda has a older 988cc engine or what ever type FIRE engine. ??

1- it’s the most straightforward fit I believe due to the setup being so similar. Later models have a fly by wire type throttle I believe so this is the maximum amount of upgrade for the minimal difficulty. Though others can add more detail to that

2-not sure on that one aside from our pandas have “wet” driveshafts from the gearbox, which later models do not so it’s not straightforward if the gearbox isn’t set up this way.

3- fire engined originals will be easier in my opinion because more of the same stuff will carry over. Such as engine mounts and some electronics I believe

Someone will be along who can explain with more detail but hope this helps.

In a perfect world I would want to put a 1.1 active engine and box into my 750

Back