Technical 6F/16F Cinque/Sei ECU Reader Project

Currently reading:
Technical 6F/16F Cinque/Sei ECU Reader Project

I wanted to post some screenshots, but the forum engine said I need 1 more post to be able to post urls, so here it is :)

Just a few screenshots of program in work with my punto :)

The key turned on

basic values

all values

status / errors

fast rpm / injection mode

tests mode

My Cinquecento year 1995 ECU IAW 16F.E0 .
The Si9243 interface and brainsucker's software fiattest_1.zip work ?????????

Attachments

• obd2_sch_si9243.png
    obd2_sch_si9243.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,277
Hi all,

I made an interface using 4 NPN transistors and a MAX 3222, the FTDI chip that I have did not work.

Anyway, I could read the diagnostic values but I could not put the ECU into test mode, I tried increasing the timout in GetResponse() from 300 to 500, and then to 750 ms but it still would not go into test mode, any ideas?

I'm doing this because my Punto Selecta has lost a load of power, Lambda sensor readings start at 1.00 but dips to 0.70 with a few revs.

ps. sorry for the bad wiring diagram.

Attachments

• sch.PDF
    15.8 KB · Views: 858
Anyway, I could read the diagnostic values but I could not put the ECU into test mode, I tried increasing the timout in GetResponse() from 300 to 500, and then to 750 ms but it still would not go into test mode, any ideas?

if the cable works in all other modes (even if it works during handshake), than it should work in test mode since no other pins or commands are used.

first of all: are you trying to enter test mode with stopped or running motor?
it SHOULD be stopped. have you got any response from ECU to 0xAA command? could you post the screenshot of your console with ECU response to this command?

Hi all,

I made an interface using 4 NPN transistors and a MAX 3222, the FTDI chip that I have did not work.

I'm doing this because my Punto Selecta has lost a load of power, Lambda sensor readings start at 1.00 but dips to 0.70 with a few revs.

ps. sorry for the bad wiring diagram.

Looking at Maxims site the pin 13 is designated a ttl i/p, but you have connected it to drive a transistor?. Must agree their labelling is confusing.

reddy4bed you are probably right, i'm using a MAX3222 in a different format :bang:

I'll do a new diagram ASAP.

This morning I got the ECU into test mode but it would not do the tests.

Am I doing the sequance right by starting the application, starting the engine, stopping the engine, putting ECU into test mode, and then trying the tests?

Attachments

• test1.JPG
    test1.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 430
  • test2.JPG
    test2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
OK as a few of you now seem to have this working would anybody be prepared to make me a cable? I will of course pay for it. I just dont have the time to do this and although Im not showing any faults on the dashboard I believe my idle valve could be faulty/slow.

OK as a few of you now seem to have this working would anybody be prepared to make me a cable? I will of course pay for it. I just dont have the time to do this and although Im not showing any faults on the dashboard I believe my idle valve could be faulty/slow.

Hi Spentona,
I would be willing to make up a cable for you. Send me a PM with the details.

Thanks
C

Please can somebody post their data on the injection duration at idle in normal conditions (warm engine)? I'm getting rpm around 800-850 and injection duration == 0.800 ms usually, and it seems that ECU just can't use injection durations of smaller values. Haynes manual also says than normal inj. duration at idle rpm should be 1.5 ms.

So if anyone able to post their data (screenshot for example) on injection duration (for example in fast inj/rpm mode (s key)) this will help me very much.

p.s. May be i've got faulty fuel pressure regulator, so to much fuel injected over the same periods? Or it is broken fuel injector? :cry:

I am ignorant when it comes to this... What is required to build my own cabel/connection? I would love to be able to read faultcodes as the cinq just failed the Swedish MOT due to emissions :cry:... is it the kat, lambda or worn engine... :confused:

Cheers, M

Wow! Would any of yous know how to get the p75 ecu's rev limit up to 8500rpm
from the little i know the tables only go up to 7100rpm you all are rather intelligent so cant see it being very difficult

heya!

can someone plase post some pics of the actual working hardware interface circuit? im interested in messing a bit with it
thanks (y)

Hmm. I've specially placed FiatDiag.txt with description of all required software and hardware manipulations to the Fiattest_1.zip archive posted before, but...

Ok, here you can get hardware scheme by Will Hoult.

It is working fine for me together with FTDI USB-COM cable.

Here you can get diagnostic software, documentation, etc.

And finally, please read this post (and some posts more after it), for details and screenshots of software in work.

P.S. And if someone will post the answer to that question, i will be the hapiest men ever.

Last edited:
@Brainsucker

What engine do you need the injector duration for?

I have access to a 899cc Sei right away and a 1108 Cinq after I do a HG replacement.

@Brainsucker
What engine do you need the injector duration for?
I have access to a 899cc Sei right away and a 1108 Cinq after I do a HG replacement.

I written little explanation below to one member PMed me yesterday. I don't care about the actual (absolute) values of injection duration, I just want to understand the principle ECU uses to control idle RPM.

======================================================
I'm glad that program helped you, never even thought it will work with 1.2 engine (at least without modifications).
Sad, but I still haven't got any injection timing details on 1.1spi from anyone, but since 1.1 and 1.2 are sharing similar ECU units it seems results from 1.2 will also satisfy me ;)
The main question is: is injection timing (in idle, on normal working vehicle, heated to normal working temperature) also hitting some bottom limit value (like 0.800 on my 1.1spi and stays with it), or it is flowing freely near some value (so the ECU has some room for lambda regulation).
In my car it just goes to 0.800, sometimes a little bit more (like 0.805 for example), but NEVER lower (for example it never becomes 0.795), of course I'm not talking about 0.000 values :) For me it looks logical that it should fluctuate near some value, say for example 0.950, with constant changing numbers like 0.958 or 0.946 lower or greater than that middle value.
============================================

Thanks in advance, Nik.

P.S. Is it working with 899cc also?

I have "bench tested" an 899cc ECU (16F) and the protocol is the same as the 1108. I have been using my own software, though I'm sure your application will work too.

Brainsucker, I was able to get the injection duration values from my Cinq Sporting (1108cc). Warmed up the idle speed was around 880 RPM with an injector duration of between 0.760 and 0.8 ms.

What problem do you have when you suspect your values are not normal?

Back