Styling 595 mk1 to mk2 drl mods

Currently reading:
Styling 595 mk1 to mk2 drl mods

This is a picture of the driver´s side, isn´t it?
It´s not nice in regards of realization, but basically it should work if you have installed the resistor between the yellow/red and the black cable. The only thing is, in mine the cable is only yellow and not yellow/red but this is perhaps due to the fact mine is a Mk.2 model.
I really wonder, because in a other forum, a guy who installed on each left and right side a 56 Ohm resistor, said that the dash doesn´t throw an error, even if no lamp is connected....

It´s not nice in regards of realization, but basically it should work if you have installed the resistor between the yellow/red and the black cable. The only thing is, in mine the cable is only yellow and not yellow/red but this is perhaps due to the fact mine is a Mk.2 model.
I really wonder, because in a other forum, a guy who installed on each left and right side a 56 Ohm resistor, said that the dash doesn´t throw an error, even if no lamp is connected....

I saw that bit too, if we're thinking of the same thread. That's what made me wonder about differences between S1 vs S3 vs S4 cars, both in the wiring and the way it operates (which you confirmed).

Its the passenger side, i was hoping mine would work as his, maybe difference in rhd to lhd, will be hopefully getting values over the weekend

For me it´s driver´s side ;) My steering wheel is on the left side as I'm not from GB.
Its the passenger side,....

So if you don´t have success, this is my recommendation:

Connect the LED rings directly to an ignition plus, so they are always on as soon ignition is on, like in Mk.2 models. To avoid the error connect bulbs to the original cables, and deposit them somewhere behind the bumper or as a underfloor illumination... ;)
This way the lamp check should be satisfied.

Last edited:
For me it´s driver´s side ;) My steering wheel is on the left side as I'm not from GB.

Connect the LED rings directly to an ignition plus, so they are always on as soon ignition is on, like in Mk.2 models. To avoid the error connect bulbs to the original cables, and deposit them somewhere behind the bumper or as a underfloor illumination... ;)
yes that's an option to consider. ill get some values first then decide which way to go

Makes sense to me too (y)

Back