General 500x Sellers advice

Currently reading:
General 500x Sellers advice

There you go! Excellent outcome :)
Thanks very much for the suggestion, again something I should have done sooner. It's another one of those learning curves, if I had to do this all over again I'd know what to do better.

It's been a great little car for us at the stage it was in our lives and we'll always have fond memories of the trips we've had in it. The fantastic financials are the cherry on the top.

Digressing, I spoke to a neighbour of mine the other day....his mate bought a Ford Focus new and in 7 months got bored with it, just didnt like the car at all. Went to sell it and got £6k less than what he paid.

Signed the docs for the carbuying site and then minutes later had a call from a lady offering £300 over asking price.

Sods law innit.

Sold this morning to big wants you car, apparently part of big motoring world. Over £1,500 higher than the well known car buyers were offering. Wouldn't be surprised to see it advertised for sale in the next wk or two.

Thought the company was very professional. Agreed a price Weds, filled in the forms..... then coulda had collection yday but I had plans so pushed back to today. Guy turned up just after 9, very friendly, sorted the details, looked over the car, was happy. Didn't try and chip me down on price. Sorted the bank xfer and that had gone through before he'd loaded it onto the truck. Very painless, took little over an hour.

It was my first time selling a car and I learn't a fair bit. Next time around I wouldn't bother with Ebay, put it on autotrader from day one (more coverage), then get onto carbuyers if it hadn't moved after a month. Thanks for all your comments, they helped me through the process.

Now for the new world with the DS9..... apart from a slight suspension noise/ issue..... I don't know if it's bad bump stops/ bushes or what but I'll try and get onto the dealer to sort under warranty (I have read the DS7 had similar issues). Apart from that I absolutely love the car. A cherry on the top of the cake is I have found out in Eco mode it freewheels often....we're driving to Oxford this weekend and wouldn't be surprised to see 55 mpg on the motorway....great going for an almost 5m long car with a 225hp petrol engine. So far I'm averaging well over 40mpg across all driving and much of that has been in normal mode.

Back