General 500s deliveries

Currently reading:
General 500s deliveries

Had an optimistic email from my Fiat dealer today, delivery status on the car is still TBA. He has now confirmed they are short of "dashboards" and hopes it wont be much longer. He really hopes it wont be as long as September.
To recap, I am referring to my 500s 1.2 ordered on 16th April, 12 weeks yesterday. We joked at the time of ordering about the 12 week lead time!

Hi Laura,

I have just pm'd you have a stock TA Sport in Pasodoble which will be ready to drive away first week of August.

Hi Alex

I have pm you did you receive it?

I have had a phone call from fiat today saying logistics have given them information that my car should be in the UK docs before the end of the month?

I'm a bit surprised by this new information.

Hi Laura,

I have just pm'd you have a stock TA Sport in Pasodoble which will be ready to drive away first week of August.

Hi Alex

I have pm you did you receive it?

I have had a phone call from fiat today saying logistics have given them information that my car should be in the UK docs before the end of the month?

I'm a bit surprised by this new information.

That does sound promising.

To be honest with you, it wouldn't surprise me if your order has been highlighted as top priority given the problems you have encountered.

I have no idea how FIAT's complaints system works, but what is clear is that they will lose your business if they don't do something drastic to turn things around.

Not sure if you have any contact details there, but I would recommend asking them to put something in writing as to what is going on with your order. I doubt they will be able to specify a precise date to pick the car up from the dealer, but at least you will have something to hold them to.

Best of luck anyway!(y)

Hey Laura had confirmation from Wessex in Cardiff that out lounge 500 is on the ferry and in the uk on Monday... Was going to use j&j as we're in B'gend but glad not now..

Hi Laura,

Didn't get your PM.
Also have a stock 1.2 Sport in Crossover that is now physically on site.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Laura had confirmation from Wessex in Cardiff that out lounge 500 is on the ferry and in the uk on Monday... Was going to use j&j as we're in B'gend but glad not now..

When did you order? I ordered TA lounge 2 weeks ago from wessex and I'm hoping to get it in sept

When did you order? I ordered TA lounge 2 weeks ago from wessex and I'm hoping to get it in sept

Ordered on June 6th mate, just got an email to say its in the UK :)

Did you notice yourself getting charged £179 admin fee btw??

That does sound promising.

To be honest with you, it wouldn't surprise me if your order has been highlighted as top priority given the problems you have encountered.

I have no idea how FIAT's complaints system works, but what is clear is that they will lose your business if they don't do something drastic to turn things around.

Not sure if you have any contact details there, but I would recommend asking them to put something in writing as to what is going on with your order. I doubt they will be able to specify a precise date to pick the car up from the dealer, but at least you will have something to hold them to.

Best of luck anyway!(y)

Hello. I have now been told my fiat will be with me in 3 weeks and also if I wanted the clio it would be the same time :/. Really unsure what to do now as the dealer will still not lend me a car for that time until mine arrives.

Hello. I have now been told my fiat will be with me in 3 weeks and also if I wanted the clio it would be the same time :/. Really unsure what to do now as the dealer will still not lend me a car for that time until mine arrives.

If you really love the 500, just wait for it. You won't regret it. I had a 500 lounge and part exchanged it with n Alfa Mito. I wish I never done it. One year later I ordered a 500 S. I know it's frustrating but you'll love this little car when you get it!

I ordered mine in April and I have been told it is at stage 10 so I will be waiting for another 8-10 weeks

I only just ordered my 500 and have been told I will get it Sept/Oct. One dealer said it will be November if lucky. I am in Australia.

We ordered our 500C Lounge about six weeks ago from a Melbourne dealer. We were given a first ETA of mid August as the car was having to be built to our spec. On Saturday I called the dealer to check on progress but the dealer has not even received a confirmation from Fiat. So they say!

Mid August is simply not going to happen unless a car was already set to go into production and you were lucky to spec something identical, sorry to say that but a car is simply not going to go in the queue, be built, shipped to Australia and with you by mid August. I would say late September/October at the earliest and probably more likely November.

I ordered mine in April and I have been told it is at stage 10 so I will be waiting for another 8-10 weeks

I would double check if I were you... From April Until now only at stage 10, it's very slow progress. I ordered mine on 16th June and it's at stage 30. Which 500 did you order?

It was the fiat 500s that I ordered

There seem to have been issues with sourcing 500 S parts in May but that has been resolved. Again, if I were you, I would enquiry the reason for such a long wait!

Hello!
Just wanted to
Give everyone a quick update my car should be with next week :). So pleased after such a long wait!

Hello!
Just wanted to
Give everyone a quick update my car should be with next week :). So pleased after such a long wait!

Great news!! Make sure you post some pics... I really want to see your new baby after such a long wait ;-)

Great news!! Make sure you post some pics... I really want to see your new baby after such a long wait ;-)

Will do :). And I'm finally picking up a curtsey car this evening after fighting for one for weeks!!!!

Back