Technical 500S air bag warning lamp permanently ON ??

Currently reading:
Technical 500S air bag warning lamp permanently ON ??

Graham GB

I'm going to look at a 500S(2014) & the owner states the air bag light is always on, can anyone give me an idea what this could be(faults?), or a worse case scenario.
The car was damaged repairable some years ago.

Thanks, Graham.

There could be many many reasons for ths and only diagnostics will tell you. The list is endless but I'll give you a few that coud be causing it.

Drivers airbag, knee airbag, passenger airbag, seatbelt, pre-tensioner, Airbag ECU, brake swith, speedo, coil spring . . . you sort of get the picture that there are many things it could be. The fact that the seller has said it was a damaged repaired one but nobody has been able to get rid of the light makes me think that you should probably walk away. MultiECUScan will most likely give you the answer. For a cheap price, I would take a chance as I've done these numerous times before but I think you should think twice as it's an MoT failure at the very least.

There could be many many reasons for ths and only diagnostics will tell you. The list is endless but I'll give you a few that coud be causing it.

Drivers airbag, knee airbag, passenger airbag, seatbelt, pre-tensioner, Airbag ECU, brake swith, speedo, coil spring . . . you sort of get the picture that there are many things it could be. The fact that the seller has said it was a damaged repaired one but nobody has been able to get rid of the light makes me think that you should probably walk away. MultiECUScan will most likely give you the answer. For a cheap price, I would take a chance as I've done these numerous times before but I think you should think twice as it's an MoT failure at the very least.
Thanks, is MuitiECUScan a Fiat Dealer/Service center only diagnostic, or is it a general small service garage tool ?Thanks a lot for your help, the seller says the light has been on as long as he's owned the Car(a few years), i'll contact him & ask about the MOT situation, seems a bit odd.
My instinct is to leave it as you suggest, but the car is exactly the spec i'm looking for & of course the price is quite a bit lower than normal(or Todays normal :) ) i have bought a CAT C car before which turned out well, but maybe i got lucky(for once). :rolleyes:
Cheers, Graham.

Thanks, is MuitiECUScan a Fiat Dealer/Service center only diagnostic, or is it a general small service garage tool ?Thanks a lot for your help, the seller says the light has been on as long as he's owned the Car(a few years), i'll contact him & ask about the MOT situation, seems a bit odd.
My instinct is to leave it as you suggest, but the car is exactly the spec i'm looking for & of course the price is quite a bit lower than normal(or Todays normal :) ) i have bought a CAT C car before which turned out well, but maybe i got lucky(for once). :rolleyes:
Cheers, Graham.
MultiECUSan is an enthusiast diagnostic tool which is near dealer level. It ost 50 euros to download from www.multiecuscan.net. A set of cables from ebay will suffice to connect. You just need a windows laptop. It will without doubt point you in the right direction if not tell you exactly which component is causing the issue. The seller is clearly lying as the car would fail the MoT with the light on.

Thanks guys i'm taking your advice, shame it's exactly what i'm looking for i think :) , (i haven't driven or rode in a 500 yet) so i'll just keep looking.

I’d say

buy multiecuscan

ask the bloke whether you can run a diagnostic and see what errors it brings up…then offer a reduced price depending on what you think it is.
imsort of torn….at least they haven’t hidden the warning light because they could have. So at least they are sort of honest!!!

Back