Technical 500L - 1.6 multijet poor mpg

Currently reading:
Technical 500L - 1.6 multijet poor mpg

Still poor mpg, definitely not a change from winter to summer fuels.

Did an oil change last month, all filters changed, oil change reset with Multiecuscan including service interval change, still the same poor 35.4mpg.

Selenia oil is so much better than this Castrol by the way if anyone's considering it. Castrol was on offer for £21. All filters changed with Mann, did notice the Mann filter is poorer on the air filter as the left side holes are not metal but plastic with larger gaps. Tyres checked and filled.

I'm starting to think the uconnect update did this, but then again that is just a radio and couldn't update the ecu in any way.

Today, for the first time the car is starting to lag on acceleration twice (first time seeing this as owned the car), the warranty did end a couple months back. :mad:

This is not like my very old Fiat Panda from the days...

Last edited:
I am getting around 45 mpg (mostly city traffic, sometimes country roads or highways). What I dislike is that the fuel consumption rises slowly. When the car was new, I got around 47 mpg.
I have the 17" wheels in summer, in winter (on 16" wheels) the gas mileage is slightly worse.

35 mpg would be a reason to sell it, after all this is a relatively small car. My previous car, a 2009 Citroen C4 Picasso HDI, got over 50 mpg.

Last edited:
I am getting around 45 mpg (mostly city traffic, sometimes country roads or highways). What I dislike is that the fuel consumption rises slowly. When the car was new, I got around 47 mpg.
I have the 17" wheels in summer, in winter (on 16" wheels) the gas mileage is slightly worse.

35 mpg would be a reason to sell it, after all this is a relatively small car. My previous car, a 2009 Citroen C4 Picasso HDI, got over 50 mpg.

That is similar to what I used to get.

I'm thinking its those Michelin All-Season tires causing this, the older continental tires felt so much smoother and had no virtually no tire noise.

Also, with that bloody new ULEZ in London which will cover my area in 2021, this Euro 5+ will require me to pay 12.50 every day I go outside my house far away from central London!

Last edited:
Back