Technical 500L 1.6 indicators not cancelling

Currently reading:
Technical 500L 1.6 indicators not cancelling

pac238

Hi, can anyone tell me why my indicators don’t cancel. What is the mechanism that cancels them is it a switch or something else on the steering wheel or is the stalk itself that cancels it?

Hi, can anyone tell me why my indicators don’t cancel. What is the mechanism that cancels them is it a switch or something else on the steering wheel or is the stalk itself that cancels it?
Hi, I don't have any experience with the 500L but I often come across parts that are the same for the Doblo van. When I was changing my indicator stalks column to one with the cruise control stalk I noticed there was a difference between the original and the 2nd hand one I'd bought. There was a white plastic piece on a couple of springs missing from the 2nd hand one. After fitting it my indicators stopped turning themselves off when steering wheel was centered. I took them both apart and moved this plastic piece with springs across to the cc stalk column and the indicators would once again turn off after steering wheel centered. So it was a mechanical means of cancelling the indicators.

So possibly your set up is similar on 500L and this plastic spring mechanism has failed/become dislodged?
However it could be electronically controlled, I have no idea with the 500L

Hope that's of some help

EDIT

I searched eBay for the part and it looks very similar to Doblo ones and the plastic spring mechanism is visible on the picture:

IMG_20230613_082945.jpg

The black casing on mine was just clipped together, separates into two halves.

Last edited:
Did you get anywhere with this?

I have this problem. It was happening just indicating left, I got a used stalk assembly and had a mobile mechanic fit it. After fitting it cancelled for left & right ONCE, and now doesn't cancel either way ever. So I either the used assembly I bought was faulty, or there is something on the steering column adrift?

Did you get anywhere with this?

I have this problem. It was happening just indicating left, I got a used stalk assembly and had a mobile mechanic fit it. After fitting it cancelled for left & right ONCE, and now doesn't cancel either way ever. So I either the used assembly I bought was faulty, or there is something on the steering column adrift?
Car owned from new? 🤔

A member recently posted about their offset cancelling issue..

Some useful info there 🙂

Here was the recent thread ;

Back