Technical Left blinker fails to reset

Currently reading:
Technical Left blinker fails to reset

cyberbird

Hi, yesterday I replaced my old steering column stalk with one that has cruise control. I got it from ebay.
The issue now is that left blinking indicator doesn't reset after making a turn, right blinker works correctly though.

Is it safe to assume that this column stalk is defective or could it be possible that I might have made a bad electric connection somewhere? Or could there be another reason why this happened?

I'd be grateful for any advice :)

IMG_20230901_133334.jpg

Hi 🙂,
traditionally there is a peg./ Pin that is fixed on the steering column and this is what mechanically operates the "Cancel Function"

So there is a chance your new kit is not "Centred'. On the column

Test;

Find an empty car park

Driving slowly..
Turn left.. Indicate Left as you turn..
Does it work.. Or feel." Blocked'?

If it works.. Does it cancel as you straighten the wheel? (it should)

Do the same turning Right

Does it work.. Or feel Blocked?

Does it cancel as you straighten?

IF IT DOESN'T CANCEL:
keep turning the wheel BEYOND STRAIGHT to Right from Left as an example..
If it NOW Cancels..
Your instillation is "off centre" 😉

Do let us know what you find (y)

Thank you so much for your answer ❤️ , you seem to be correct, it isn't centered. The left blinker/indicator does reset if I make sharper turn while right blinker needs very little to reset.

I would be grateful if you could point me towards any information on how I could Center them

Thank you so much for your answer ❤️ , you seem to be correct, it isn't centered. The left blinker/indicator does reset if I make sharper turn while right blinker needs very little to reset.

I would be grateful if you could point me towards any information on how I could Center them

Probably best to start a new thread 🙂

Back