General 500abarth price increase...

Currently reading:
General 500abarth price increase...

The only thing I don't like about the Abarth is that it looks a bit wanky. A Lounge with Abarth engine and suspension - now that would be cool!

Ahh, there is someone else who thinks this. I was worried it was only me. Abarth is definitely a bit wanky. The Abarth goodies in a standard 500, now that would be great.

Ahh, there is someone else who thinks this. I was worried it was only me. Abarth is definitely a bit wanky. The Abarth goodies in a standard 500, now that would be great.
*puts Abarth defending hat on*

Ah come on it's not really wanky is it?
THIS is wanky

corsa-vxr.jpg

In comparison, the Abarth is plenty restrained and tbh one of the reasons I don't like the Abarth all that much is the fact that if you saw one in your rear view mirror there isn't that immediate "I'm a quick car, get out of my way" look to it of say an Integrale Evo. It needs some 22b style bulging arches with a wider track without the silly euro-trash look that so many people do on cars.

22b-5.jpg

Make a 500 Abarth in that spirit and I'll buy it :p

If what is meant by wanky is: "Indulgent, pretentious, simultaneously showy and useless." (Taken from urbandictionary.com) then I have to disagree.

Looks very nice, its what it does.

The Abarth looks like a 500 that's crashed through a chavs accesories shop to me. The silly badges in odd locations, the over the top vinyl sticker-fest, the goofy front seats and the contrasting stitching in the leather, that ridiculous looking rev counter and shift light on the end of a stick. It's just....tacky. The standard 500 is a more complete package, as in it looks like it was designed to be that way, not just having taken something and tarted it up. Ironic really given that it's a panda underneath.

As 306maxi said, if you're gonna make it the performance beast, and clearly that's what Abarth *used to* stand for then do it properly. Give the essence of stratos or delta and make it look pruposeful and mean. The existing Abarth 500 looks like how Pixar would imagine Abarth to me.

To make it clear: I think the Abarth500 looks like a car that a 15 year old boy would have a **** over, thus it looks wanky. Unlike the Fiat 500, it just lacks style.

Have I made myself clear this time?

To make it clear: I think the Abarth500 looks like a car that a 15 year old boy would have a **** over, thus it looks wanky. Unlike the Fiat 500, it just lacks style.

Have I made myself clear this time?
It would be nice if you yelled "FIRE IN THE HOLE" before you did that in the future :p

Rev counter is the same as the standard 500 :rolleyes: Don't you mean the Turbo boost gauge ;) If your going to slate something at least know what your actually slating otherwise you look like a tit :)

Sorry, I got the trinkets confused. So much visual noise detracting from the smooth 500 shape :D

Define wanky please, looks are the deciding factor for most people when they consider a new car, the Abarth 500 is no different, in fact, most people think it's a stunning looking car, as do I!

Most people?! Have you carried out a survey of the entire population? I don't count a bunch of teenage lads, who probably score quite highly on the autism spectrum, as most people. ;)

Look at this 1970s Abarth 500 from this thread: https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/130423-my-other-500s.html

Doesn't that look more like a new lounge than a new A500?

Abarth were a tuning company and as such there was no "Abarth 500".

Therefore there was no Lounge "look". Abarth parts were added to any Fiat you wished to add the parts to. The current Abarth 500 is fact quite tame looking in comparison to some of the 60's and 70's creations and not remotely chavvy.

The Abarth looks like a 500 that's crashed through a chavs accesories shop to me. The silly badges in odd locations, the over the top vinyl sticker-fest, the goofy front seats and the contrasting stitching in the leather, that ridiculous looking rev counter and shift light on the end of a stick. It's just....tacky. The standard 500 is a more complete package, as in it looks like it was designed to be that way, not just having taken something and tarted it up. Ironic really given that it's a panda underneath.

hmmmm let me see...regular 500 or an abarth 500, complete with the 'silly' abarth badges, 'goofy' red leather seats and the 'ridiculous looking rev counter' thats on every model in the range anyway. oh, and a crappy turbo and crap suspension as well, no doubt.

wow, its a tough one but i think i'll take the abarth. oh wait, actually i have already. thank goodness for that.

hmmmm let me see...regular 500 or an abarth 500, complete with the 'silly' abarth badges, 'goofy' red leather seats and the 'ridiculous looking rev counter' thats on every model in the range anyway. oh, and a crappy turbo and crap suspension as well, no doubt.

wow, its a tough one but i think i'll take the abarth. oh wait, actually i have already. thank goodness for that.

Yea but have you got a Nurburgring sticker?

Back