General 500 TwinAir?

Currently reading:
General 500 TwinAir?

From a factory order? Are you sure? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, and it's due to arrive on 20th July..

If I'm honest, I reckon it'll be later than the date I've been quoted. But he did say that there was a similar one to what I wanted floating about in the UK that they can change to my spec, so that may be whats happened. I was expecting a wait of about 2 months anyway :)

I hope it's not this one?:)
automotive-parts.jpg

It's not a first come first served thing. If the dealer has a build slot further up the queue then the person going to that dealer will get their car first :)

No, but given that several people have recently ordered with quoted 8 week delivery times - it's obvious that this was probably going to be a dealer reconfiguration rather than a factory build. If you spec a car slightly differently from the norm, then it's obviously going to be specially built.

No, but given that several people have recently ordered with quoted 8 week delivery times - it's obvious that this was probably going to be a dealer reconfiguration rather than a factory build. If you spec a car slightly differently from the norm, then it's obviously going to be specially built.

It doesn't work like that. If the dealer has a slot in the production queue that's further in front then you will get your car first.

I know, I do understand this concept. But you fail to understand that it takes longer than 20 days to get the car from the factory to the dealership, the build process takes a very small part of the 8-12 weeks of the overall lead time. Same with the PDI process - it's a couple of days dependant on how busy the dealer is.

Lets be honest, it won't arrive on or before the 22nd June anyway :p

I can't wait to get my hands on it though!! How many miles roughly will I need to run it in for??

haha, i knew it!! It's changed to mid-late July now ;)

Typical :)

I did think it was a very short lead time, but some people have had their cars within silly short times of ordering and some have had to wait ridiculous lengths of time for their cars to arrive!

Well he said he thought that there was one floating about in the UK, and he had to put an estimate to get the plates registered, and then he found out that they'd have to order one in anyway, so I found out today.

It's all good, gives me a few months of saving (and gathering accessories) and I'm very pleased that I found out my rubbish old phone works perfectly with all features on blue & me :p

Back