Technical 500 Twinair potential issues at less than 100 miles...

Currently reading:
Technical 500 Twinair potential issues at less than 100 miles...

Update, it went into local dealer on Monday. The misfire on cylinder 2 was logged, in an attempt to isolate fault, technician has moved coil pack on cylinder 2 to cylinder 1. If it reoccurs they will swap.

Since the car was returned on Monday, the stop start has not cut in once. I phoned service desk to see if they had switched it off. I received a call back to say that it's not possible to switch off, only switched in car can do that. They explained that a low battery would prevent stop start from working, however, I assume if this was the case, then the stop start unavailable warning would come up.

I've tried the stop start button and it deactivates and activates it again ok, but when active it never cuts in when stationary. Admittedly we have not drive the twinair for long sub 250 miles, but the driving before Monday, gave us enough indication that in our driving locally it should cut in at least a few times when stationary.

So bizarre problem. I'll check battery voltage and give it a charge, just in case, and I've ordered a Bluetooth ELM327 dongle from scan tools. When it arrives, I'll load AlfaOBD on phone and tablet and monitor battery voltage and see if there are any further faults logged.

Cheers

Steve

Update, it went into local dealer on Monday. The misfire on cylinder 2 was logged, in an attempt to isolate fault, technician has moved coil pack on cylinder 2 to cylinder 1. If it reoccurs they will swap.

Since the car was returned on Monday, the stop start has not cut in once. I phoned service desk to see if they had switched it off. I received a call back to say that it's not possible to switch off, only switched in car can do that. They explained that a low battery would prevent stop start from working, however, I assume if this was the case, then the stop start unavailable warning would come up.

I've tried the stop start button and it deactivates and activates it again ok, but when active it never cuts in when stationary. Admittedly we have not drive the twinair for long sub 250 miles, but the driving before Monday, gave us enough indication that in our driving locally it should cut in at least a few times when stationary.

So bizarre problem. I'll check battery voltage and give it a charge, just in case, and I've ordered a Bluetooth ELM327 dongle from scan tools. When it arrives, I'll load AlfaOBD on phone and tablet and monitor battery voltage and see if there are any further faults logged.

Cheers

Steve

Take the car for a long trip then see if it works, since mine was in with this problem my stop start hasn't kicked in

Back