General 500 Start & Stop on Fiat.co.uk (AND NO MORE YE YE!!)

Currently reading:
General 500 Start & Stop on Fiat.co.uk (AND NO MORE YE YE!!)

Seen a couple of 500s in New Orleans blue at SGM. I really don't think it suits the 500 and it'll chip like a bugger.

I can imagine it doesn't suit it. The shape of the 500 suits certain colours, I think the 'NOB' is a bit too Blue for the 500, but I'll have to see it first to make an honest opinion. Bring back Jive Blue!!

yet more technology that means drivers have less to do, hmm not sure that is a good thing...

wonder if you can disable it

I'm sorry but that's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Who here stops their engine at every traffic light they come to or when traffic is moving slowly? This system reduces wear on your starter motor as well as saving fuel so what is there not to like about it?

I'm all for switchable ESP+TC but this is something good. AFAIK you can keep the engine alive by keeping it in gear but why would you want to if it starts instantly?

yet more technology that means drivers have less to do, hmm not sure that is a good thing...
wonder if you can disable it

You can disable the start/stop system!

Attachments

• Fiat500_PurO2_13.jpg
    Fiat500_PurO2_13.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Fiat500_PurO2_14.jpg
    Fiat500_PurO2_14.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Fiat500_PurO2_15.jpg
    Fiat500_PurO2_15.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 53
I just got my 500 about 10 days ago; had I known that the 'Start stop' version was coming out I would have waited. I drive through London mainly and this would have been really useful for me.

Doesn't it just annoy you when they change the specs so soon after you've bought a new car. :bang: Will have to go for the Start-Stop in 3 years time.

Won't miss the Ye Ye though

The green was quite an odd colour, it might have helped if they had called it something else - what on earth was "Ye-Ye" supposed to do for you? I remember a colour very like it on old Standard 8s and Ford Prefects. I thought it did look quite good on the 500, but you really needed to pair it with the steel wheels and chrome bumper trim for the right, 1950s "Good Housekeeping" kind of effect. But then, you see, in thirty year's time the Ye-Ye Green 500s will be highly collectible, beacuse they will be so rare.

John

P.S. Dear me, I think I misplaced an apostrophe. It should have been "in thirty years' time", methinks.

Last edited:
I thought it did look quite good on the 500, but you really needed to pair it with the steel wheels and chrome bumper trim for the right, 1950s "Good Housekeeping" kind of effect.
John

That's right! I think you're talking about a car like this! This configuration looks pretty good on the cinq!

Attachments

• YeYeGreen_25.jpg
    YeYeGreen_25.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 38
yes and it still has to start the car - i do understand the technology, i am an engineer are you?

:nutter:

My Honda Insight had this too.

It is weird when you start the car & there is no starter noise, the engine just bursts into life.

The smart has this technology, the drive from the starter/generator is via a belt!!!! So, if the belt slips you aint starting:) It is weird not hearing a traditional starter engage, and even weirder when the engine stops when you stop, and then starts again... all very space age but if it saves fuel then great:)

Now please go off and do whatever it is that mediocre engineers who don't read threads do....

thanks for the advice genius...
I'm going to get an infringement or a ban but I'm going to say this. You have no consideration for what other people say regardless of the facts or popular opinion. We all make mistakes and miss points in threads but the vast majority of us at least acknowledge the fact they've made a mistake. Just admit you've made a mistake and move on.

Okay guys start getting civil.
It's Friday which means as usual I'm working tonight. I will get home around the back of 2am very tired and most likely very crabbit. This is when I am most likely to respond to reports with the infraction button because it's quick and satisfying.

No reports to welcome me home is good understand.

Okay guys start getting civil.
It's Friday which means as usual I'm working tonight. I will get home around the back of 2am very tired and most likely very crabbit. This is when I am most likely to respond to reports with the infraction button because it's quick and satisfying.

No reports to welcome me home is good understand.
I'll be honest and say I have no desire to take it any further and I've said all I feel I need to say hence why I didn't reply to the last post :)

Back